2 Speed dog clutch transmission.

Discussion in 'DIY Electric Bicycle Hub Motors and Kits' started by Thud, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Thud

Thud New Member

Hey Guys & gals,
    I been building some Bikes for awhile now & get a lot of inquieries to produce my 2 speed trannys for consumption.....truth is I HATE production & I have a real Job & no interest in making these for anyone but myself....But I am more than willing to consult & offer up the know how to any one who would like to have one & has the capacity to fabricate.

Every one must know someone who has a lathe & a drill press A table top mill makes life a little easyer also.
    the prototype has been running without incident & tested under stress to 3HP.....the unit is easily scalable for some serious horspower input....but thats on you.

Camlifter has seen the unit up close....I wish the weather had permitted a bit more riding on our meet up...I would have liked his impresion of a non-hub motored e-bike.

crap, the file is too big too upload here...here is a link to it
    http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7832&start=30
    its in the 2nd from the bottom on this page....
    I have optomized the components & the size has grown to allow the "Big" motors to bolt on.

the prototype all anodized up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy.

Moderators...if there is a better sub catagory for this please move it there & thank you.
    Thud.

#1 Thud, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. camlifter

camlifter New Member

lovely, can you show the inner workings of the trans.

3. Thud

Thud New Member

Guy's follow the link & download a set of plans...all the dimensions & materials are listed for your plesure.dnut
    Elliminate the e-motor mount & you have a Hi-Low range for any happytime bike you want to fit it to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Thud

Thud New Member

I see we only get 5 images per post....
    Here is more detail for ya'll
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll break the PDF's down so they are can be uploaded here....I hope some one tries one soon.

UUGH! No Joy.....have to follow the links to down load yersef a set of prints....I tryed.
    Good luck!

#4 Thud, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  5. spad4me

spad4me New Member

6. cal

cal New Member

Can you list your parts supplier- I can find lots of odd size sprockets but none that you are using

7. Elmo

Elmo New Member

Thud I have added the pictures to my downloaded copy of the pdf. If you have somewhere I can send it to you let me know. Thank you for all of this.

8. Thud

Thud New Member