135 km/h????

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Lay'emLow, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Lay'emLow

Lay'emLow New Member

Found this video on YouTube. Dude goes about 84 mph on the highway in the ballsiest riding position I've ever seen. Please tell me somebody around here has some more info on this thing!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

-L'eL

2. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

That link isn't working....?

3. Mind_Reader7

Mind_Reader7 New Member

Wrong link.

I've hit some pretty high speeds, however once you get to high the bikes become kind of scary. I odn't have disc brakes, and so stopping can be scary.

4. Flight Risk

Flight Risk Member

Attached Files:

#4 Flight Risk, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  5. Mind_Reader7

Mind_Reader7 New Member

It wouldn't be to hard to create a bike that rides at 135kmh. However I don't have the funds.

6. Roach

Roach New Member

be easier to add pedals to a motorcycle

7. mountain80

mountain80 New Member

Insane but WOW!!!

8. Maxvision

Maxvision New Member

WOW! What an adrenaline rush!!!

Here's my take on it. It's obviously not a "China Girl" engine so timing and compression has to be better, I'm betting he held on to the car to get up speed then kicked in the motor (you can hear it start up at the beginning of video and I see no pedals on the bike) so its probably geared so high that it would never be functional in stop and go traffic. It appears that the run started on a slight downhill grade and perhaps a good tailwind as well. And of course laying down makes a considerable difference in wind resistance.

But it's still cool if you're into adrenaline rushes like that...woohoo!

I can get 50mph from my bike but it's rare that I can maintain that speed for long on any side street because of stop signs, traffic lights, people pulling out cause they didn't see you coming or thought they had plenty of time because it's just a bicycle (yes, it happens often), hills, etc.

I LOVE the look on peoples faces when they leave me behind at a stoplight and I get to the next one just seconds after they do...

[​IMG]