125cc

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by whitey, Jun 20, 2010.

1. whitey

whitey New Member

2. KJProX

KJProX New Member

A really bad idea!

3. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

Old technology 2 stroke (like a china girl only bigger), for less money get a Morini.

4. taddthewadd

taddthewadd New Member

way too much power. I can't imagine going any faster than 30 mph on a bicycle.

5. wildemere

wildemere New Member

With 125cc and 6 speeds you will need motorcycle grade tyres and brakes. 80+ mph would not be out of the question.

The CZ / JAWA motors from eastern europe have quality that far exceeds the HT crap from china. They (eastern europeans) basicaly invented racing 2 strokes in the 50's, then sold and/or lost their technology to the Japs, with many engineers moving to Suzuki and Yamaha in the early sixties.

To say a Jawa or CZ design is crap or similar to chinese production is a misguided statement as that is where modern 2 stroke designs originate.

#5 wildemere, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  6. TerrontheSnake

TerrontheSnake New Member

I concurr that thing is a whole new monster right there!

7. CoastalCruiser

CoastalCruiser New Member

Wow! CZ!! I Haven't seen one of those in years! Very Pipey Screamers back in the double shock MX days.

8. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

What I meant was the intake goes directly into the cylinder, no one does that anymore except the HT motors.

9. furament

furament New Member

you know foureasy has a fast one and if you could fit the jug pistion.... mmmmmmmm?

10. ruppster

ruppster Member

furament, foureasy doesn't need any encouragement. that boy is going to kill himself as it is lol.

11. meowy84

meowy84 New Member

Well said Wildemere. We in the West tend to under-estimate the other part of the world. Eastern europe is often equated with communists and since we've been taught "communist=bad" their stuff must be junk right? In fact the Chzech (sp?) Jawa/CZ and the East German MZ were superb designs and rivalled in quality anything else in the market at the time before the Japanese invasion. All that without huge monetary resources of the Western manufacturers. This is off the subject but people often make fun of Russian cars like the Lada and so put everything Russian in the same box meanwhile Russian heavy trucks are accepted as being some of the best and most capable in the world. For example the Russian Kamaz trucks have been kicking Mercedes, Man, DAF, Volvo etc. a$$ on a consistent basis in the Paris Dakar rally up to the present day. In fact Kamaz trucks won the dakar rally a record of 9 times and took the first 2 places in the 2010 Rally as well! And for those who know Paris Dakar it's not just a couple of rednecks doing some mud-bogging and hoping they don't break their axles.

#11 meowy84, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  12. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

Make fun of the Lada?! I want a Lada Niva so bad! You lucky Canadians can get them but we can't. :(

13. Mac

Mac New Member

I have a 1995 JAWA, 50cc. Runs real well, finding parts for these is like tring to get quality outta China, this project is always on the back burner??? we all have projects like that

Mac

14. nidyanazo

nidyanazo New Member

Pics PLEASE!

15. freewheeling frank

freewheeling frank New Member

ok back in the 60s i know i rode some kinda motorcycle with a jawa mill didnt own but rode it memory is alittle sketchy, anyone know what it coulda been? girrelli maybe or maybe something sold by monkey wards or sears?

16. meowy84

meowy84 New Member

I meant the 4 door Lada that people typically make fun of. As for the Niva it does seem to have quite a following on the net and is apparently a pretty capable off-roader. Had a neighbor years ago who used a Niva to go hunting with. He said he preferred the Niva over his early 80's Chevy 4X4 because of the better fuel economy (duh! obviously) and because the Lada was much smaller so it got into narrow bush roads and tighter trails where the Chev was just too big.

Attached Files:

#16 meowy84, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  17. meowy84

meowy84 New Member

Oops, pic didn't take the first time.

If I could have a pick of a small off road vehicle I'd love to get my hands on a little late 80s Suzuki Samurai. Hard to find examples in this part of Canada (I'm sure Michigan is the same eh? Kevlarr?? :)) that rust hasn't completely eaten away.

Attached Files:

#17 meowy84, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010