San Diego's 7th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Sorry I missed the ride! Thanks for all the pictures. BTW, where was the segment that was on the shoulder of the 5 freeway? Is it an authorized bike path? I could see a bike path sign in one of the photos; so, it must be. DUH!! Anyway, looking forward to the next ride. Southbay?
Yes, authorized bike route as you drop into Sorrento Valley. Exit one freeway onramp at top of hill and enter next one at Sorrento Valley, all downhill. We were "almost" as fast as the freeway!!!

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
This was a fun ride and it went by fast because I really enjoyed riding in this group. The Quadricycle was a challenge to ride on some bumpy roads and a little hard to keep in the bike lines with curves and bumps but that’s nothing a little suspension can’t fix. I really thought I would have a hard time keeping up with the group but everyone worked as a team and for a new comer like me that was a big deal. So, on that note, I want to say thanks to all for the help and excitement. It was an extremely friendly safe riding environment. I can’t wait for the next ride. I hope it’s longer, maybe a super eliminator. Well, we’re finally back in Lancaster. I’ll be upgrading the Quadricycle’s suspension and installing a two speed jackshaft shifter. Thanks again for the great ride. .crt.
Was GREAT having you with us 23tiny. I was truely impressed with your 4 wheeler. Truely innovative! Surpised that Sherriff in Del Mar didn't do a turnaround to stop you but then, cops down here are, for the most part, pretty cool w/ MBs. You have to ride like a complete idiot to get stopped down here (looks for some wood to knock on...).

23tiny

Aug 8, 2011
california
Was GREAT having you with us 23tiny. I was truely impressed with your 4 wheeler. Truely innovative! Surpised that Sherriff in Del Mar didn't do a turnaround to stop you but then, cops down here are, for the most part, pretty cool w/ MBs. You have to ride like a complete idiot to get stopped down here (looks for some wood to knock on...).
Well to be real about it, the quad does not get pulled over that much but knock wood right. The quad has 3500 mile now, lots of cops look and even stop to talk and ask question about the bike but that’s it. The quadbike is here to stay. It’s a long range bike that is comfortable to ride no matter the distance and fit on sidewalks and almost through every tight opening that sidewalk construction presents. Beside all that, when D.O.T. and C.H.P pulled me over I was only told to wear a D.O.T. approved helmet and all was good with the bike after picture were taken. Well I have been ridding tough every since.
.crt.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
That is an awesome set up there. Everytime I looked over at you and saw you I couldn't help but laugh at how awesome that was. Very versatile piece of equipment.

-Hawaii

23tiny

Aug 8, 2011
california
Would anyone like to come out to Palmdale for a ride on September 25, 2011? It would be from Palmdale Lake through Lancaster and back, it’s a 30 mile run.

.crt.

Last edited: