Staton 41.5cc Zenoah 2 Stroke Noise Level?

GoldenMotor.com

acarter

May 16, 2018
Hi,

I'm looking at getting two Staton friction drive kits for my wife and my bikes, these will mostly be used for camping trips and vacations to travel the local areas.

After doing a bunch of reading on here and other sources online I have come to the conclusion that the Staton kits will be a pretty good fit for our needs, reliability and simplicity being my main goal.

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the noise level of the Zenoah 2 stroke? That is my main concern, I don't need to be stealth, but I also don't want it to be a nuisance to others or ourselves while riding. I can get the 35cc 4 stroke for a similar price, but I'm concerned that it will be too underpowered and I'm also concerned the if I store the bike on it's side while transporting that the oil will cause problems (leak through the cylinder and out the intake or exhaust).

I'm the heavier one at 170 lbs, so maybe the 4 stroke will be enough power, what do ya'll think?

Thanks in advance!

Bishop

May 4, 2019
I have a zenoah 41cc from staton. The noise kevel is low for a two stroke. I have had a couple of 66/80cc's. The quality of this zenoah over other 2 strokes I have had is exceptional. Even over multiple brands of weedeaters and chainsaws etc. I only run higher octane and 0 ethanol gas with fully synthetic two stroke oil. I was running 35 to 38 and I weigh 200lbs. I got an upgraded carb from Dave's discount motors. I got clocked at 42. I got my setup from Staton. Easiest build I have ever done. I haven't had one complaint... I will say ease on your throttle for your treads sake, but not a deal breaker at all. Go with the upgraded bearings for the roller. Read up on the roller sizes for the speed you want or the kinds of hills you have. If you want something you have to work on all the time then buy one of those 66/80cc and you will work on it a lot. I can't stress enough the quality of this zenoah for a 2 stroke. You can tell by looking the quality of parts. I don't think the noise level will be an issue. Especially the trade off for extra pep. Smoke level is the lowest I have ever seen on a 2 stroke especially with synthetic. Don't let that 41cc compared to the "66/80cc" spook you. This little thing moves especially after about 30 miles or so. Seems to break in nicely. I think it must be well balanced inside. It has an extra return fuel hose coming out of the carb and going back in the tank. For overflow to prevent flooding... I've gone on long enough. I absolutely love mine. And if you would like to see it in action go to you tube and search Friction drive motorized bicycle by Bishop... Watch for me to come back down the hill too. I'm riding in the wind. But moving on pretty good. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. It's one of the faster little friction drives you will see out there. If you get yours up and going soon let me know in the comments if you have it on YouTube to watch. Hope that helped.

Reactions: Joe Hill

Joe Hill

Jun 2, 2019
i have that same friction drive stanton Moror. near perfect. Only motor that is quiter ia a Mitsubishi ( about same power) BUT DO NOT GIVE UP STANTON FOR a Mitsubishi set up , you will be sorry if you do!!!

Reactions: Bishop