New guy...just finished low rider build

GoldenMotor.com

RickM

Nov 30, 2018
Retired older guy got into bike riding a while back and ride daily, saw a few rat low rider bikes at a car show in Ormond Beach last year so having been a certified welder with the tools needed I came home and built one. Here's a pic of it almost done....Time for another build and just got my CHEAP Ebay 80cc kit today, doing a beach cruiser since I have a few spares, I also enjoy restoring old Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes, rode an old Gary Fisher Montare today that I'm restoring at the moment...one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. I'll post a few pics of my build and keep reading, already found the head bolt discussion and getting rid of the acorn nuts tomorrow and torqueing....Thanks great info...…..

Attachments

RickM

Nov 30, 2018
Welcome!! I love that frame
Thanks 57.....I started cutting, welding, and couple days later that's what came out. Didn't really have a plan other than use what I had on hand, I learned a lot and plan on one with a motor build after the beach cruiser I'm starting. Removed all the decals from the frame to get ready for paint and doing a little retorquing on the engine. Still doing a lot of reading back posts on here, good to know the problems that may come up and do what's possible to avoid them.

RickM

Nov 30, 2018
Kewl. What did you use to make the curvy cargo rack?
It's the front fork off an old junk bike....thought I may work some kind of spoiler into later but with the paint scheme I chose I'm leaning more towards leaving it alone now.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
That right there is really sweet! Never ceases to amaze me the talent and ability of the builders on this here forum. Welcome! and best of Luck to ya.

Reactions: RickM