Hard Start

GoldenMotor.com

Erik Feldman

Mar 7, 2020
Hey Guys I Not Long ago Got myself a Pretty decent Beach Cruiser with a 80cc engine kit already installed. It was running top notch but I took it out in the rain one to many times and almost fried my magneto. I have a friend that's pretty good at working on em and he believes i need to adjust my clutch, something he's never done. My ? Is, it's giving me some trouble with the pop start. I Can get pedaling and release the clutch handle, my problem is if I'm goin to fast it allows me to slowly keep pedal & won't pop until I get to a real slow pedal that's basically barely rolling. What I want to ask is? Do You Guys believe it's the clutch casing I need to adjust as well? If someone knows for sure, Please feel free to Let me know. Thanks in Advance!!

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Hello and Welcome!
From your description it sounds as if it may be slipping. Remove the big cover (5 screws) remove the phillips screw, squeeze the clutch lever (You must squeeze the clutch lever to release the tension in the clutch.) then turn the flower nut 2 or 3 notches clockwise. Replace the phillips screw then try that. Any fine adjustment after that can be done at the clutch lever or the clutch cable receiver on the engine block.

John Shiver

Mar 14, 2020
Hey yall gotta ? Can I shorten my pipe my carb slides onto an if so does it have to be a perfect straight cut for it to seal right

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Riding up highway 101 at sunset
Hey yall gotta ? Can I shorten my pipe my carb slides onto an if so does it have to be a perfect straight cut for it to seal right
I know this is an old post but I am replying for the benefit of all who may read this post.

The pipe you are referring to is the intake manifold and if you can't make the stock one fit, I highly recommend that you buy an offset manifold as they are very cheap and the importance of an air tight seal from the carburetor to the manifold is crucial.

You could modify the stock one but beings that its cast from low grade aluminum the chances of you doing it successfully are very slim but not impossible.