Fuel line crimp fix

GoldenMotor.com

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Put a spring from a retractable pen in the line to hold it open. If y need a longer one ace hardware has them.
11C1215F-1A85-45D4-B1A2-B150F6C7BC67.jpeg
0D8C710D-3B30-48D1-A264-A7B02A7116ED.jpeg

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
How about a full view of your fuel line and how it's hooked up to the other end.

Is it because your fuel line is stiff and the lower hose bend to get it to where it needs to go kinks the top line?

If so just use Motion Pro gray Tygon fuel line it's really flexible
Should use Tygon fuel line anyways

DSCF2728.JPG

Last edited:

Mossy

May 20, 2022
How about a full view of your fuel line and how it's hooked up to the other end.

Is it because your fuel line is stiff and the lower hose bend to get it to where it needs to go kinks the top line?

If so just use Motion Pro gray Tygon fuel line it's really flexible
Should use Tygon fuel line anyways

View attachment 112633
If you had a spring in it you wouldn't have to dangle (^) it around the choke lever

• Haha
Reactions: wrench

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Well I just put a loop in the bottom which solved the problem also. However the spring does work really well and I just left it in.
6A316123-BA5E-490A-AAA3-FB27A87DDBC7.jpeg

Reactions: wrench

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Have you built a M/B yet or are you still doing research?
Not since '14 the research continues... Availability plus there's a lot of new and old stuff to get... It's taking 2 years just for the clutch parts to become available... Looking back at all the business that's closing... I'm really glad I waited... Plus there's a value to knowing what's out there... Posting the current price and availability is my gift to the forum... Try putting together parts for 10 different builds at the same time... 2 and 4 stroke...

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Try putting together parts for 10 different builds at the same time... 2 and 4 stroke...
This will never work as you jump from on to the other and be lucky if you get a couple done..............Curt

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Try putting together parts for 10 different builds at the same time... 2 and 4 stroke...
This will never work as you jump from on to the other and be lucky if you get a couple done..............Curt
Not all built at the same time but over years one at a time... There's already stuff I can't get anymore...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I've been working down the pre covid lumber I bought... No hurry to go back and forth to the store... Just chill and work at my pace... Buying stuff off season saves a lot of money and time there are some things I might have to go get or run out of but it's minimum... The order in which I do things is the key to everything... Then when the weather is good the job goes easy... My $100 5gal. paint is $300 now and that's 2k savings in just paint... Then I don't feel bad about 2k in bike parts sitting around... A bicycle is my only transportation... Another savings is being able to do everything and not having to hire out contractors just the junk man for the demo and the delivery truck $70 at Lowe's or home Depot... What people pay for insurance every month

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Following along the builds on here allows me to see options for the builds... Problem solving and knowing a few ways around it... A good example is the Chinese 30 series tav has a missing support for the driven bearing... To clear the oil filler on the predator... The springs and weights from comet fit the Chinese 30.... The comet clutches are available separate so from the $60 Chinese kit mounting bracket I can build a real comet the way I want for about $300... Running a genuine 7" driven (yellow) with the juggernaut instead of the 6" and clone driver that comes with the Amazon plate that I can save for something stock predator...
Metal cover for a Coleman mb200... The comet tav 1 is still available that's steel which is appealing and there's a jackshaft I'm pondering... Because I'm done with everything 2 stroke that's available... Maybe a few pk 80 and zeda Trip 40's and I'm gathering for wheels so there isn't anything left to build something or a place yet to build in... But I have an idea for moped wheels and tires ;)

Attachments