Electric kit for Huffy

GoldenMotor.com

Poppy

Aug 16, 2021
Hello folks....I have a 29 inch Huffy Millennial and would like to put an electric kit on it if that is possible....I'm an older man and do a lot of piddling around my workshop and this sounds like a great little project........I need some thing simple ( if there is such a thing!) all I want is to do is be able to ride it around the neighborhood....don't need any high speed stuff, etc. I am totally new at this and felt like this would be the place for advice as to what I need....I'm hoping for something anywhere between 300 and 500 bucks....I'm hoping somebody out there will read this and push me in the right direction...Thanks!!

Reactions: fasteddy

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Hello folks....I have a 29 inch Huffy Millennial and would like to put an electric kit on it if that is possible....I'm an older man and do a lot of piddling around my workshop and this sounds like a great little project........I need some thing simple ( if there is such a thing!) all I want is to do is be able to ride it around the neighborhood....don't need any high speed stuff, etc. I am totally new at this and felt like this would be the place for advice as to what I need....I'm hoping for something anywhere between 300 and 500 bucks....I'm hoping somebody out there will read this and push me in the right direction...Thanks!!
Just search on E bay.
Your never gonna find something for $300 to $500
Battery, controls + the E Wheel your looking at a minimum of $700

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Would this work? It's a self-contained front-hub system that gets around 12-15 mile range without pedal input. No clue as to top-speed, but most of these will do 17mph, which is definitely faster than I can pedal for any real distance. The hard part is the 29" rims, but they're starting to become more commonplace.
27.5 / 29 inch Electric Bicycle Front Wheel Tire Hub Motor Conversion Kit E-Bike | eBay

Regarding these e-bike kits- they encourage you to pedal along with them, and that makes for some hilarious visuals- I have a -physique like Dilbert, and when I'm stopped at a light on my cheapo mountain bike, stuck in top gear, (shifter is broken) , normally it would take several blocks to get up to speed and loose those pesky older folks on their Jazzy Scooters.... but with the hub-motor, I can jet away from a dead stop in top-gear like one of those French Bicylclists with a rocket backpack! You'll love whatever you end up with.

Last edited:

Poppy

Aug 16, 2021
Thanks...this looks like what I'm looking......BUT how can I find out if it is compatible with a 29 inch Huffy Millennial?

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Thanks...this looks like what I'm looking......BUT how can I find out if it is compatible with a 29 inch Huffy Millennial?
These will pretty much bolt onto any bike with similar sized wheels, as long as they fit between the front forks. I think on a usual beach cruiser, it's 100mm between the forks. If that becomes an issue, you could attempt a rear-hub set-up- most of those are kinda "geared" (oh-no-he-didn't!) towards the multi-speed type of bikes, which makes it harder for the single speeders.

Maybe a side-chain kit like this would be better? It would necessitate buying a separate battery...
36V 450W Ebike Left Drive Electric Bike Conversion Kit Hub Motor E-Bicycle Kit | eBay
AND
UPP 52V/48V/36V Ebike Battery Hailong Lithium Battery for 500-1000w Ebike Motor | eBay
AND
Controller Box Lithium Battery Controller Box Case Kit for E-bike Electric Bi... 743562807990 | eBay

You'd end up with a bike that can still hit 20mph with decent range. I included the controller box, because they are awesome for protecting your controller and keeping your bike from looking like McFly's DeLorean. All for under $400 still.