boost bottles

GoldenMotor.com

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
thank you ,much appreciation for the insight, any ideas on the turbo fan just to squeeze a horse or 2 out,well anyway thanks y'all and hopefully we all have a good ride today .......peace

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
No I haven't given those any thought at all. with the CG 66cc gaining 2 hp over stock (for 4 or 4.5 hp total) is fairly easy and not terribly expensive. Real one horsepower gains after that come reluctantly and not in the form of pure bolt ons but as a result of tuning all the changes to work together. The best way to find hp/torque is by using real motorcycle race expansion pipes designed for small engines and these aren't bolt on and even after fabricating adapters to mount one on the China girl that just gets you to the point of tuning the pipe and engine setup to take advantage of the pipes dynamics. For example I used a KTM pipe on a ported and mildly tuned 66cc that would run 40mph easily.. and other than being really loud with the KTM pipe it was a disappointment, several weeks later I had it running great and the pipe was the key. Even then I doubt I gained more than 2 hp, but that was a huge bounce to performance. In the process I changed port timing, jetting & compression ratio (lowered it) The pipe ran better with a slightly shorter, 1 or 1.5" shorter, and 1/8" smaller diameter stinger. My elevation is at 1,500 ft.. I like to run just to the rich side with jetting just enough rich that pulling the air filter off brings idle up slightly.

I wish all these bolt ons would add 1/2 hp each 'cause I've always wanted a 66 cc China girl with 15 hp!

Rick C.

Reactions: lewdog7431

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
I knew it just needed some more info like what your talkin about with the moto expansion pipe totally would work but they're a bit expensive bout$ 200 easy for FMF pipe ,really works hua? ima look more into a fatty fmf maby yamaha80 Kawasaki 80 ,really godd info thx
20191030_224916.jpg

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
It works when you get it all figured out tuning wise...not magic & not easy. Search "Norm's" posts for 2 stroke tuning tips he's a vendor that knows things 'cause he's built them and rides 'em & forgot more about these CG motors than most of us have ever learned!

Be patient and you'll get there power wise. 5 to 6 hp from 66cc CG is more than 95% of motor builders ever reach and engine life suffers greatly as power increases, but riding well under peak power most of the time will help with the motors long term service. Powers there when it's required. CG engines modified to real race numbers aren't much fun as daily riders...just too high strung and maintaining them is a hassle. Race bikes for race tracks.

Rick C.

Reactions: lewdog7431

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
FSCN3431.JPG
I fitted a boost bottle to my first CG build. Performance wise, my findings would appear to indicate it does little other than look interesting and fill the space between the seat tube and rear wheel nicely.

FSCN3414.JPG

I've seen those 'turbo fan' deals advertised and, performance wise, my guess is they'll have about the same effect as putting a lolly (popsicle) stick in your spokes. Save your money.

Last edited:

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
mornin ,an idea popped in my mind how about a steel sleeved cylinder I've been lookin around but haven't found anywhere who sells them if any all just an idea