Bike will idle but won't move forward

GoldenMotor.com

Clats97

Jul 21, 2019
Another problem with this flaming bike. I was riding, started hearing the clutch squeal, then the clutch wouldn't fully disengage and when I'd pedal. The motor would somewhat start moving the piston. Then I let it sit for an hour, the clutch fixed itself, but when I start it it won't go faster than make 15kmh. It's as if the choke is on (it isn't)

I can idle and rev it all the way up but as soon as I pop the clutch it barely moves then dies. I checked the pads and quickly inspected the bike but I am lost rn.

I'm pissed. Nonstop issues with this bloody thing.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
When you say pop the clutch I hope you’re pedaling up tp speed and releasing the clutch when it dies, trying to start off repeatedly from a dead stop will destroy the right side gears and clutch pads. The noise you described sounds like the right side gears, check the small gear mounting screw and add a small amount of grease to the gear teeth. Clutch cables stretch or the adjusters on either end can back off.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Jimmy Bloodmaker

Nov 24, 2018
midwest
sounds like your not pedaling to take off then using the clutch to kick in the motor to propel you forward. if you want a motorcycle like feel, you need a jack shaft. or you bike's not gonna be to fast without a lot of work. if you are pedaling and it's dying, you might be to lean. when your bike is not enganding and your just sitting and reving it, if it doesn't spudder out and level the rpms, you're to lean. a two stroke should spudder and not rev out if the jetting is right. it needs a load to rev to the moon. if it is reving to the moon it's got a hollow metal like sound for the exhaust note. the sound should be more bulllluuuuulloooot bulllloooooottt with quick throttle taps, deep wet sounding. 2 strokes are totally different animals with a load, vs without a load.

fdnjj6

Aug 17, 2019
Another problem with this flaming bike. I was riding, started hearing the clutch squeal, then the clutch wouldn't fully disengage and when I'd pedal. The motor would somewhat start moving the piston. Then I let it sit for an hour, the clutch fixed itself, but when I start it it won't go faster than make 15kmh. It's as if the choke is on (it isn't)

I can idle and rev it all the way up but as soon as I pop the clutch it barely moves then dies. I checked the pads and quickly inspected the bike but I am lost rn.

I'm pissed. Nonstop issues with this bloody thing.
I had my clutch not fully disengage before and the fix was cleaning the gears, sanding the clutch pads down a little so they're somewhat flat again and not frayed apart, amd cleaning the clutch housing. Take off the clutch cover. My guess is you have a lot of gunk somewhere in that area. It could also be that a bearing went out. There is a bearing on the clutch itself and you can slightly see the bearing's balls. I would check those things. It sounds like something from the rear sprocket to the clutch has failed and is putting a really high load on the engine. Jist my thoughts on the issue.