Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Im Jake from MI looking to get into this

Im Jake and im looking into getting one of these motor bicycle kits to help me save gas on my 30mi round trip (with big hills) commute to work and back.

Im still trying to put a few dollars together to buy the kit but if anyone has an recomendations on what kit to buy or not to buy...that would rock!

I was looking at either the 70cc kit from DAX or there is also an ebay guy that sells this kit:
80cc Motorized Bicycle Bike Motor Moped Kit Engine NR - eBay (item 160237721545 end time May-08-08 15:48:25 PDT)

he has more kits and at least acts like a good guy.

but I have a few cool ideas for this project...and im excited to get the engine and start playing with it.

Thanks !
Old 05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Im Jake from MI looking to get into this

welcome to the forum. pablo bought his from devrou so he can tell you his experience. i know he had problems and i believe thatsdax took care of it for him. i just ordered a kit from thats dax and been talking to him alot and i know he takes care of his customers and you will find that is very important. what part of michigan you from. i live in battle creek. my experience with devrou was he is only about 30 miles from here and wanted to pick up the motor in person and he still wanted to charge me $60.00 in shipping charges. well have to run errands with the wife. glad to have you with us
Old 05-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I live in Frankfort MI actually. West coast about an hour south of TC. Ill be traveling from Frankfort to Arcadia to work at Arcadia Bluffs(golf course).

but yeah, it looks like no mater what it might take forever for the motor to get here haha.

oh well..

thanks!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Lots of us motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Don't be afraid to ask questions when you start your build. Lots of help and knowledgeable folks on this site.......................

Old 05-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

devrou is just ok. He is slow to ship and his response is never super quick - when the 30 days runs out, you will be SOoL - even if the part is really defective!

I bought my kit December/January - kinda cold to work on the kit full time.

I had a bad carb needle* (which I really don't "blame" devrou for, the problem is it took awhile to figure out) - all I got from devrou: "warranty has expired"....so if you plan to buy when the weather is nice and build it right away, he's OK I guess. The parts are all about the same.

Why he continues to call it 80cc, does NOT exactly scream honesty, but I don't think he is patently evil. Just gets away with what he can get away with!!!

*I ended up buying a new carb from thatsdax and it works like a champ. Plus Norman here fixed my old carb by tapering the needle.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Welcome to the group Jake. Beautiful country you live in up there, I'm down the coast another couple of hours in Shelby. Look forward to seeing what you put together...Kelly
Old 05-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Oh yeah, i know shelby. I used to live in Ludington.

Thanks for the info guys.

ThatsDax says that it may take up to 10 days to ship...thats a pretty long lead time in my book for shipping. But it sounds like its probably a better idea to go with him.

thanks all!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

I've bought three kits from dax and one I got in a few days the other two took a little longer. It just depends on when in the shipping cycle you order I guess...

Welcome!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 PM

Bought two kits from DAX. Like the way he does things.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:18 PM

Welcome to the Forum. From the looks of the Ebay kit...there are others with updated parts...locking clutch lever and bearing tensioner.