100:1 Mix

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Well after much research, and definite results from another MB owner I am taking the plunge, and switching one of my bikes over to the 100:1 mix. A friend that I had sold a Motorbike to was told by the major small engine shop in town they have had tremendous results from the Opti-2 100:1 mix.
Everytime we have gone riding together his bike, (that I built) just absolutly runs away from my fastest bike. They are both geared the same, and he out weighs me by 40 lbs.
I drained the tank and tried it out today on about a 15 mile ride. After about 10 miles it started running smoother and better. When I got home I pulled the spark plug and was amazed to see the black crud was gone off the top of the piston.
I will keep you posted on how the engine performs and lasts. Right now it has 320 miles on it. It all works out about the same as the Opti-2 is about twice as expensive, but I use half as much.

John

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Do you mean 320 miles so far with the opti-2 at 100:1?
No, the bike had about 300 miles when I switched over. You can look up the Opti-2 on various web sites and see what people have to say about it. I haven't found a negative comment yet. I guess for me time will tell.

John

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
John,
Did you find it locally, retail? Or did you have to order it on line?
Tom
Tom, I found it at a local outdoor power equip. shop. They said most of the large local lawn care companies use it in all their 2 cycle mowers, trimmers leaf blowers and chainsaws. The people that use them more in a couple days, than we do in a year.

John

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Id like to try it on my HT china girl but not on my new Morini afraid to !! if the chinese engine blows its cheap to fix--buy a new one!!
That is exactly my thinking. I am trying it in an engine I wasn't really happy with. If it works out great, if it blows I will get another one. So far it is running alot smoother.
I am also getting ready to purchase a Morini for a bike I am going to build this winter.

John

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
so, blow up yet or what? (just wondering)
No, in fact that engine is running so much better I switched one of my other bikes over to the Opti-2 100:1 mix, and another guy I sold a bike to on Monday said he has run nothing but Opti-2 for the last couple years in all of his 2 stroke equip.
If the thing blows up or anything bad happens I will certainly post it since this is a test on the Chinese engines to see if they last. I know of four of them right here in this area so it should be a good test.

John

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I use the Amsoil professional sabre and have since my engines were new. Amsoil says their mix should be at 100 to 1. I never had the guts to try it at that ratio and went with 50 to 1 with good results over the years. But now I think I'll try the amsoil at 100 to 1, first going with about 75 to 1 to see if performance improves. Then move leaner as I go and see what happens. I'll give the Opti-2 a try if I can find it around here. I wonder which is the better buy, the Amsoil or the Opti-2. At a 100 to 1 it makes these synthetics pretty reasonable in price and if the performance is enough better I wouldn't much care if it was more expensive by quite a bit. Thanks for the thread...
Walter Silverbear

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I use the Amsoil professional sabre and have since my engines were new. Amsoil says their mix should be at 100 to 1. I never had the guts to try it at that ratio and went with 50 to 1 with good results over the years. But now I think I'll try the amsoil at 100 to 1, first going with about 75 to 1 to see if performance improves. Then move leaner as I go and see what happens. I'll give the Opti-2 a try if I can find it around here. I wonder which is the better buy, the Amsoil or the Opti-2. At a 100 to 1 it makes these synthetics pretty reasonable in price and if the performance is enough better I wouldn't much care if it was more expensive by quite a bit. Thanks for the thread...
Walter Silverbear
Silverbear, Good post. I have also used the Amsoil Sabre. I have been using it at 50:1 for the break in lately, then switching to the Opti-2 at 100:1. If they both seem to work out about the same in the long run at 100:1, the Amsoil would probably be a better deal as far as cost. The Opti-2 is a little pricey, almost twice what I pay for the Amsoil. It is still a small price to pay if it ends up working as good as they say. So far so good.

John

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
Walter Silverbear
have you taken your head off lately...at 50 to 1 it should be black and sticky...its designed for 100 to 1...i use this oil...no more than 80 to 1...it is some dense oil...i cannt even get my engine started at 50 to 1...Dennis

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
Silverbear, Good post. I have also used the Amsoil Sabre. I have been using it at 50:1 for the break in lately, then switching to the Opti-2 at 100:1. If they both seem to work out about the same in the long run at 100:1, the Amsoil would probably be a better deal as far as cost. The Opti-2 is a little pricey, almost twice what I pay for the Amsoil. It is still a small price to pay if it ends up working as good as they say. So far so good.

John
john, how many tanks do you use saber at breakin...after pulling the head off my one engine 50cc...to much build up...running ngk6...fires good...nice color spark plug....i think whats the dealer says might be the right way to go....again 50 to 1 might be great for breakin with saber...thanks for the info....Dennis

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
100:1 sounds like you'd get some good performance. With that kind of ratio is it some sort of synthetic?
amsoil has worked for me....but i'm guilty not believing it works at 100 to 1....i run around 80 to 1 but i'm going to start inching towards 100 to 1...all 3 bikes is amsoil saber...i might try the oil john is tring but the jury is out and you are the one john...Dennis