Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default New Member

Good Morning,
I just recently got into motor bicycling (well it's been over 40 years since my last anyway ).
I have a 90 mile commute (once a week) for work and was looking for a cheap way to avoid buying another car or motorcycle with all the costs involved. I settled on a motorized bicycle as a solution. After much research I ruled out electric because the range I need put it way...... outside my budget.
I settled on a Staton roller drive kit with the Robin engine.
I started with an old GT Talera mountain bike I got free and after putting just over 1000 miles on it I have decided to try moving it over to a simple cruiser. The mountain bike was beating me up pretty badly on some of the roads I use.
I bought a new bike yesterday and should have it done today and ready for next weeks commute.
During my research, building, and modifications I found myself browsing through this site often and decided I'd try showing a little support by joining.
Thanks everyone for the help so far and I look forward to trying my hand at contributing.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: New Member

Welcome Greg and glad you stepped up to the plate. Everything you ever wanted to know about Motorized Bicycles can be found here along with a great bunch of people willing to share their knowledge. Sounds to me, that with your experience that you might be a source of knowledge too. Have fun, ride careful.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"
Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Welcome to our forum Greg.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Welcome to the forum.