Does this magneto look burt out?

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
It could be or it could be something else, I think most of the magnetos look like that. They all look burnt up even when brand new.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Last week on my way to work my bike stalled out very suddenly,
It was running great for a while any way does my magneto look like the problem?
The coil looks normal. It's impossible to burn out the coil under normal use. You would have to intentionally apply a sufficient voltage/current to the coil in order to ruin it...plugging it into an A/C outlet would do it!

I assume you have checked for a spark at the plug, which led you to examine the MAG.

I would check the connections between the MAG and the CDI. The factory bullet connectors should really be replaced with those offered at Radio Shack, or an auto/marine parts store.

The first two I put together went along fine for a few hours, and then the connectors separated resulting in no spark.

Jim

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Your MAG looks fine I had to replace mine because that one little wire coming out came off then the MAG fell apart, the other wires soldered to the inner wires came apart. So I rewound mine. I am doing a post on the results from the rewinding I just have to wait till I get my new CDI in which will be any day now.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I checked and rechecked all my connections (I never liked those chinese connectors I removed them right away) I have over 1500 miles on my bike, mag is turning fine and engine is getting gas, new spark plug, I will check for spark tomorrow night.