I caught a bug!

GoldenMotor.com

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Myocardia,
my reason for the question goes to deeper roots than you understand.
I'll answer later when I reach the outcome, because the source involves me.
It's a hard situation for me especially when I plan to go commercial, and then
my prototypes are sold out from under me without my knowledge.
That is of course, if my hunch is correct....
I'm kind of fuming right now, and feel as if I've been stabbed in the back.
Of course, this is in my assuming I'm correct on my hunch.
Really takes the fun out of all of this MB thing for me.....
To the point I'm ready to unsubscribe.

I hope I am wrong.

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Hey guys! Ok 1st those pictures are all the evolution of the same bike! Actually, same bike as in the previous pics!

As far as the rotors go, I have relaced the back wheels (done 2 of em, they're ez) with freewheel/disc hubs from choppersus.com 30 bux! Right now, the latest pic, furthest to the right but b4 the Trike-ster, has a Sturmey 3spd, which threaded on both sides for a freewheel, and I used the disc/rotor adapter which spins on to those same threads, also a chopperus.com piece 10 bux!

Originally, I had used that adapter that I put on the sturmey for the rotor on the front wheel, however as the front wheel hub is obviously threadless on a stingray, and the adapter actually has 12 threaded holes, 6 of which I used to basically pinch the flange between the head of the 6 bolts and the adapter itself!

When I had to use the adapter on the Sturmey, I then went ahead and drilled and tapped the flange of the hub on the 20" front wheel, so the bolts screw right into the flange, I recently scored a bad ass MAC tap n die set, there are 6mm(wide) aluminum spacers between the flange and the rotor, the bolts go thru the spacers then screw into the flange to space the rotor away from the hub & align it with the caliper! It's solid!

Last edited:

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Well, Brett was cool enough to gimme the answer I was lookin for bout his jackshaft, so I kinda owed him! Brett if you do unsubscribe lemme know in advance k! As far as the adapters go, I also have a source that can cut em for me or you or whatever, we'll talk, gotta get back to work! Later!

Last edited:

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Oh yeah, n Brett, you said from whom? n think you already know! My friend, not quite sure what yer gettin at, but I assure you, what I don't do myself, is done by a friend of mine in Brainerd who has a cnc router and lathe! But I'm curious, what's gotcha so wound up that you would consider unsubscribing? How do ya feel you were stabbed in the back, please do share, cuz I ain't gettin it! I know that I had nothing to do with it, don't even know where ya got or who made yer adapters, just so happened that I came across some at choppersus.com, otherwise I probably woulda been buggin ya about those as well!

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Nothing at all. I can really jump the gun and be really retarded sometimes.
I should've had no doubt. Nevermind on it. All is well.
I like the way you think, Newbie. You come up with and do things
because nobody told you that you can't.
Must stem from being a Minnesotan. Vikings had to be innovative and adapt.
You know I grew up in the Blaine, Fridley, Coon Rapids area, eh?