Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default G'Day All

hi all,

another aussie from sydney joining the ranks. i've started to see these things everywhere and lots of my friends now have one. i think i might be one of the last to actually get one.

i installed my engine just this week and i'm on my first tank. i'm surprised how slow it is while breaking it in. it can barely get to 30km/h (is that normal?) on flat roads and feels like it's suffocating at WOT. after the first couple of runs i checked the plug and opened the head. it was running a bit rich so i went up a notch on the needle. i only had a 10 min run but it seems to have improved a bit. plug looks good now with a clean gray colour. hard to tell if it's right after only 10 min but it's burning the oil a lot better in the chamber now.

i am getting a lot of whining noise from the gears. i've done a bit of reading up on it and have inserted some cardboard on the inside of the cover. seems to have helped a bit but it's still there. i've also managed to strip the engine, carby and gears in the 3 days i've owned this thing. i can't seem to leave things alone... lot's of fun tinkering with it.

other than the bike i'm into karting and drag racing. i've been burning my cash on fuel for over a decade now and it only seems to be getting more expensive. all good fun though.

and how good are these smilies!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: G'Day All

Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place to associate with other gear heads and people who enjoy things mechanical. There are several other members from down-under, so you're not alone. Great having you with us. Ride careful and have fun.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"
Old 07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: G'Day All

Welcome to the forum.
Your engine will gain power as you break it in.
These are not Toyotas. Clutch noise, seeping fluids and the need for frequent adjustment are common.
If you stay on top of it with regular bolt tightening and maintenance, it will be reliable.
“You're only young once, but you can be immature as long as you like" -Unknown