broken throttle Quick fix

GoldenMotor.com

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
I bought the 80cc motor kit and within two weeks the throttle was busted! (stupid plastic)
First thing I did was to use hot glue (three applications) to support the back of that little tab and it worked for a while. I wanted something more permanent so I went to the auto parts store and started to look into epoxies but I found the stuff called "Quick Steel" looks like "Mighty Putty" only gray and black I used a little bit and made a backing where the hot glue was. Once it dries you just sand it to fit into the track then reinstall good as new.

unior

Jun 18, 2009
Lancaster, PA
That sounds like the same thing as JB stick weld. I never tried it on plastic though its good to know it will bond.

will 3501

Jun 14, 2009
phoeinix
use a brake lever i tried fixing that way didnt last but mine was totally wasted. I used a brake lever but u got to find one that fits the cable end . Or go to a cycle shop or scooter accessories store and get a little trigger lever one.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
quick steels good, kinda messy tho. too soft to work with.. I use very simmilar stuff from carquest.. same thing just not as messy