Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default 2nd build ideas/questions

Been thinking about my 2nd build, and really want to have an integral tank. Not necessarily a board track type, I'm thinking of tank cruisers, but sealing the tanks and adding petcocks, etc.

I realize its a small tank at best, but don't care. Has anyone used the existing tank on an old or new tanked cruiser, sealed and drilled? I'm not a welder, but could probably find someone to help out on that end.

The bike I'd like to use as a donor, ideally, is a Kustom Kruiser GLide. Not produced anymore, but I really like the lines and the fork, not to mention it has a tank. Been looking at ebay/craigslist for a deal on one. It may require some frame mods to end up like I want.

At the end, it should look like a "rat track racer", with a bit of drag bike thrown in...flat black all the way, fat tires, no fenders, a little stretched looking....

I'm way open to any and all advice on this build, even before I get started.

Mick in CT