Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Wheel/spoke problems

Long story short: I mounted the chinese standard sprocket on my raleigh m60's rear wheel. I could not fit all the bolts through because the spokes get in the way. So I've been riding it anyway. I wire tied the spokes together in an attempt to make them stronger. Somehow though my wheel is now bent. I need a solution. The brakes rub as the wheel turns. Is their a vendor on here that can sell me a new wheel with the sprocket mounted and ready to go? Maybe with the clamshell adapter? My rear wheel has 8 cogs btw.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Wheel/spoke problems

How many spokes does the wheel have? If it is not 36 (or otherwise divisible by 9), the standard mount won't work as designed. As for whoever will mount it for you, don't know, but you might try the Manic Mechanic (search) for a sprocket adapter that is easy to mount.
29/10ths cubic inches of raw power.
HoughMade at
Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Wheel/spoke problems

you could get a new wheel for $50 and manic mechanic has clamp shell sprocket adapters or you could get a hd wheel hub with a sprocket already bolted to it,but you would have to spoke it and put a wheel rim and tire on it yourself and i forget who sells them.

or you could bring your wheel to a bike shop and have them true it and order a clamp shell sprocket adapter for it,thats probally the cheapest option.