Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default jerbear1

Hi, I'm a old guy retired from job as a Respiratory therapy and after having some medical bills that nearly broke me, Iím now worried about the cost of gas, I wonder if this might be my answer, I only need it to go to church, store, Doctors office, and just to visit near by park that has a great road around it and out of the main roads, does anyone know where a kit is, or the aprox cost? Oh, there is a small hill it would have to go up, or maybe I could walk that part, it's not too steep. Jerry or jerbear1
Old 04-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: jerbear1

Hey Jerry, welcome to the forum. Lots of info on the site here about motorized bicycles. There are many sources for the engine kits. Check e-bay. Thatsdax is a sponsor here and has a good reputation for service after the sale. I've never bought one from him so I can't speak from experience, only what I've heard here on this forum. Both of my bikes will climb pretty steep hills with no assistance. They do get very good mileage and will pay for themselves pretty quickly, especially as expensive as gas is right now. Don't be afraid to ask any questions here. Everyone is very friendly and helpful here.........................

Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Jerry, welcome the forum. Glad to have you with us, a great bunch of peolpe here with lot's of knowledge.

I have gone up a 9,000ft mountain in 19miles on a 36t sprocket. Had to do a little pedaling in some spots but it was a breeze. I have a 80cc two-stroke and I've been very happy with it.
I've been saving over a thousand dollars a year in fuel cost riding my motorized bike. They pay for themselfs real fast.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Administrator

welcome jerry! you will not only find a motorized bicycle to be very economical but a lot of fun to. we are all here to help you with whatever you decide. we have some great people. glad to have you with us.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

that'sdax.com or ebay I.D. dacscommm I've gotten three from him and I have nothing but good to say.

Welcome!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Ya, lots of kits, and lots of free help too. Motorized bicycles can fix a lot of problems. Are you kind of mechanical?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

welcome jerry ! good bunch of people here, lots of nice motorbike pics and helpful info.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Welcome to the Forum..Jerry.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Thanks to all, I'm a little handy with tools, I intend to try in a few days, I have a project I need to finish then will he looking for info and kits..info like cost and web sites to go to...I want to think you all for the great replys, you give me hope I can do this.....Jerry/jerbear1
Old 04-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default jerbear1

I wonder if it is feasible to buy a bike from Wal-Mart or somewhere, and a weedeater and someoneís kit, and/or directions to put together, and about how much it would cost??? also I saw on line a man who had a small banana type childís bike with a big seat on it, and he said it got 200 miles per gallon, and he said it went 30 mph...is this possible? or nonsense.....thanks everyone, esp the fellow who emailed me earlier, I accidently deleted his email by mistake....Jerry/jerbear1
PS I want a nice looking bike, one that is not very high priced, and fix it to run around town, store, church, to the mall, and save a little gas....whew