4 stroke mid mount?

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Jeff, I would be interested in trying one of those also. I hope someone that has built one will comment. I see you even get the wider 3 piece crank.
I got your message. I looked up the mount you got from Barry. I think I can build one just like it as soon as I get my next engine to measure the distance and angles on the stubs sticking up from the plate. Where did you get your pipe? I think I will just order one rather than build it.

John

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
From Barry also. Email him and tell him you no jeff from alabama and what would he charge you to make a baffel. he made me one and it works great., because those thunder pipes are super loud! personally it might be easier to just order one of the mounts because it looks like he did a lot of R&d. call me afterwhile and we will talk. later

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Engine is decent- the gearbox is junk, utter and complete junk. They try not to show the gearbox well, but I can tell it is a Hoot style ( JL Hoot). Do some searches on that and see how many satisfied users of that gearbox there are on this site....and make sure any positive posts aren't a year old.

It is no accident that the pictures are taken carefully to avoid showing the gearbox. Also, the mount is not adjustable. It may work fine on many diamond frame bikes, but there are many where you will have to come up with some sort of work-around to use the mount.

The gears are weak. The clutch bell has been known to separate into pieces, it is noisy (much noisier than the Grubee).

Try it if you must, but don't say we didn't warn you.

Last edited:

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
i built one of these recently and ya the gear box is super noisy i dont know if it will break or not as i have only agout 30 miles on it, the engine runs great very smooth and decent power. i put this on a schwinn jag and had to extend the mount 3 inches. later frank

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Thanks for the reply Hough, and Frank. If the gear box's are that noisy and junky, you have made up my mind for me, I don't need one.
One of my two stroke's has terrible gear noise and that is enough for me. I have had it apart and checked it all out and I don't know why it is so much noisier than the other's. It only has about 40 miles on it. It will either quiet down a little or fly apart I guess.

John

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
one more ting i forgot the wider crank that comes with this kit is a two peice. would not work with the jag so using the crank arms as a pattern i heated up the stock ones and bent them worked out great. laater frank