about mounting the ex-chamber at the end, but I could not mount it any other
way, except to route the pipe under the motor, which is how it should go, but
my center stand was in the way and I prefered to keep it there. It works very
well though.

Attachments

ghentcruisers

May 28, 2009
Nofolk, VA
After 3 or 4 domestic quotes on metal tanks, I've exhausted the possibility of that route. The piece price would be way high. Plastic is a 2nd option which would be affordable, but I'd like metal and i think most customers would too. I've come up with a way to press them and assemble them myself. I'm waiting on the machine to do this and I'll be finishing up the molds over the next two weeks. Handcrafting them will hopefully prove to be the compromise. Hopefully Sept?? We'll see.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I just bought a mongo huge 1 gallon tank, I couldn't wait any longer, now I have to decide which bike to put it on.

I look forward to what you have coming.

hmlhogan

Jul 23, 2009
Kingman, AZ
Re: 2-2 tanks are as good as 1

On my 1st build Im using HoughMade Cycle Works tank cover idea but with a built in glove box at the rear slope. This is for the board track racer look. This is plywood glassed. The next is built to go into the frame space on my Trek Cruiser. Tight and neat. This also is plywood but will be the tank it's self. Thee inside will be epoxied thruout and outside epoxied with glass. After all is said and done the inside will get plenty of tank sealer. Checked this out with local experts botth of fiberglass work and ATV works. Makes for a crazy shaped tank but maybe not even 1/2 gal, I'll see (0"0)drn2

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
This is my attempt at fiberglassing a tank cover. I started out with an old tank and Greeline frame. I bought some floral foam and some spray foam and went to work not having a clue as this is my first one!!

Attachments

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Wow. That looks great. Has anyone ever tired something like this with a layer of Bondo over the foam or the duct tape? Would Bondo stick? Think if it was thick enough it would crack?

Last edited:

hmlhogan

Jul 23, 2009
Kingman, AZ
Here are my tanks still in the making. The one on the bike is a HoughMade Cycle Works take off. Wooden hiding that ugly peanut chinese tank. The second on the bench is wooden and fiberglass & epoxy. Shaped to go in between bicycle bars. It will be sealed with Kreen Tank Sealer. Inside is already 2 layers of epoxy. The fillers are ABC auto-valve from my local hardware store. Theey wwill have a sort of hood design when done. All is still in the makings.drn2

roblofifty

Sep 20, 2009
Ventura, California
Here's a pic of my tank I had fab'd for my 41 Schwinn straight bar frame. I really don't care for the stock tanks that come with the engine kits. A local, custom motorcycle builder made it for me. It wasn't cheap, but everyone digs the lines.

Attachments

northwest choppers

Sep 21, 2009
vancouver Wa
could try a Choppers.us dummy tank... Use one like fiberglass cover....
I also have seen nos bottles.... paint gun bottles..... We have a friend in seattle that makes tanks for his classic bikes... they hold Adult beverages(sp?) mostly lol

renigade muscle... tell T-dub The short dude over at Northwest choppers sent ya !!!!!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Here's a pic of my tank I had fab'd for my 41 Schwinn straight bar frame. I really don't care for the stock tanks that come with the engine kits. A local, custom motorcycle builder made it for me. It wasn't cheap, but everyone digs the lines.
Love the bike and the tank is just right for it. Old Schwinns are old gold!
Silverbear

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
The only thing I don't really like about the stock tank is the flange that goes all the way around the outside. I've often thought of cutting it off which would separate the tank into two halves, and then welding it back together smooth with no flange. I can weld effectively, I'm just not to good at making it look nice. Fortunately I have a friend who is like the number one jedi master of welding and I would have him do it. After that any unevenness by the welding could be filled in with a little bondo.