Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Tavern > Motorized Bicycle Events, Races and Rallies

Motorized Bicycle Events, Races and Rallies Promote your motorized bicycle events and get togethers here to help spread the word about bicycles with motors! This area is for anything from a large event to a back yard BBQ.

Death Race 09

Promote your motorized bicycle events and get togethers here to help spread the word about bicycles with motors! This area is for anything from a large event to a back yard BBQ.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Death Race 09

First, I would like to Thank SpookyTooth cycles Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - Home and P1 (MussleMan Honda Circuit) www.p1kartcircuit.com for putting together a very fun and exciting Death Race.

It was a lot of fun and I had very good time. I really enjoyed meeting some of our members and checking out all the cool motorized bicycles.

There was a lot of action on the track a few spills here and there, a few scraped elbows and knees but mostly bruised ego's.

It was a very good turn out but it can always be bigger so mark you calender for next year.

The winners...........

1st Place..... Joey all the way from Austin,Texas

2nd Place..... AZVinne from Fountain Hills, Arizona
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1place1-1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	7570   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-1.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	7571  

Last edited by Dave31; 10-29-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Death Race 09

The winning Bikes............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1st-1.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	7567   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd1-1.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	7568   Click image for larger version

Name:	3rd-1.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	360.4 KB
ID:	7569  
Old 04-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Looks like a good time was had by all, congrats on the podium finish FR. That horn will help next year to get the competition out of the way.

"The future is already here, it is just not evenly distributed"
Old 04-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Congrats on the high ranking finish against all the "big iron"...
Old 04-19-2009, 10:27 AM

David was a great host as a home-town favourite he let a couple of out of towners place ahead of him in the final. He and everyone else in the final were going all out and it was some great racing. Vinnie and David were the tightest placings throughout the race. They traded placings a number of times with Vinnie being the fastest on the straights and David on the turns. Finally the gap widened but not till the last couple of laps.

Someone was pushing Joey for first for a few laps but crashed on an off camber and slippery turn. Joey earned his first as he steadily built a gap little by little, peddling out of most corners to add to his speed at low end. His cornering seemed flawless. I may have mistook identity but it looked like his gas tank fell off as he left the track. Joey had bought the bike off Craigslist and tuned up and worked his magic on a Spooky Tooth second hand bike.

My bike (datz510's custom Rotten Orange) broke it's front freewheel before the racing began but did well in warm up and practice. Last 2 year's defending champion, Happy, was racing it well but had to revert to a back up lady's bike for the racing and probably fried its motor with not enough break in time. Roland the race promoter from Spooky Tooth kindly had mechanicals of his own with a fast custom Spooky 3 speed. Never have trusted the Strumy Archer 3 speed for durability. Tucson Spooky Tooth's Michael had put together a very fast bike that also may have won but had mechanical troubles also. There were 2 real crashes with maybe a broken leg but he did leave walking?

Vinnie and Larry probably won most creative bike of the show if a prize was offered with a custom 3 wheeler of real chopper design. Larry raced it to middle of the pack placings and looked great doing it. Another very creative bike was the recumbent of Scot, with an under seat mounted 79 cc 4 cycle 4 or 5 headlights a wind faring and a very large trunk. This bike placed 5th in the final and other than the trike was the heaviest by a factor of at least 2. The final was run under the lights after sunset.

Any who did not make the show and race were missed, and we hope that 20 April 2010 sees you here in Arizona for the 6th annual Spooky Tooth Death Race. Roland has done a lot for the Sport and lifestyle that goes with motorized bicycle use and racing and commuting. A Tucson press member was reporting and the article will be posted when we get it. This is by no means a complete report so all who attended need to post their impressions and photos.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an action, but a habit." -- Aristotle

Last edited by lennyharp; 04-19-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: details
Old 04-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Santa Cruz Scooter Works

Good job to everyone that made the race. I thought about it all weekend long and wish I could have made it. I think next year I'll ship my bike in and fly into Tucson. It looked like everyone there had a blast!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Santa Cruz Scooter Works

Ohh I forgot to thank FR31 for providing us who didn't make it with some great pictures.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:44 AM

Cool, Guys, Thanks To David, Lenny & All For Sharing, Pic, Vids And All. I Bet Davids Tail Bone Was The Most Nervous Of All Attending!. Ron

NEVER BEAT ON IT, GET A BIGGER HAMMER

"A MAN WHO SAY`S IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT A MAN DOING IT"
Old 04-19-2009, 02:48 PM

there were people from all over
texas, nevada, utah
there was 2cycles, 4's (mine, the cool whizzer and the re cumbant (I was the only motrized bicyle under the arizona state definition )
my son-in-law (azvinnie), got a cool cup and didn't kill his engine (3rd year we've been there)
our friend, and fab dude larry, got some well deserved props for the trike they collaborated on (and had the biggest grin I have EVER seenon his usually somber face)
he had as good a time as I told him he would, even tho he thought I was bs'n him
I met faces to put to conversations here, got to show off my baby (I gave out over 40 EZM business cards), had a very good day meeting and talking to aother like-minded crazies

thanks to Roland for putting it together ( even tho it should have been better organized)

Intelligence is learning from your own mistakes,
Wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others

EZ Motorbike Dealer - Fountain Hills, AZ
www.ezmotorbike.com
EZ Motorbike of Fountain Hills
azgrampa@gmail.com
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 PM

They were loading the guy who wrecked the red bike into the truck right next to me at the end of the night. He was definitely in some serious pain while they were moving him. However he wouldn't leave until the end of the race and seemed to be mainly concerned about telling his wife he banged himself up. I guess some folks just have their priorities in order!

-and-

I'm not lost, I'm exploring!