hello from knoxville

GoldenMotor.com

13b

Apr 14, 2009
knoxville, tn
my name is chris, and i'm going to be installing my first motor tonight with a friend.

i'm 24, and i'm a plumbing engineer. in my spare time i like to weld and fabricate different odds and ends. i live out in the sticks and i thought that putting around on one of these would be a fun way to kill a sunday, now that it's warm out.

the motor i bought is a Grubee, and it's going on a Giant (brand) mountain bike i've had since i was about 14. it's a 26 inch bike, really good condition. once i get it up and running i plan on fixing some reliability issues i've been reading about here. taking it one step at a time.

question: the only thing that confuses me about the install so far, after reading the directions, is the installation of the rear sprocket that the chain drives. is there a good tutorial or a video for this anywhere? my bike has a 16 spoke wheel in the back... will it even mount?

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey welcome to the forum glad ya joined us! lots of good info here and people that will help. 16 spoke rear wheel sounds pretty weak, may not be strong enough. 36 spoke would be ideal. The rubber pieces protect your spokes put them at the spokes. They will conform to the spokes and protect them. Sprocket, rubber , rubber, then the two or three curved metal pieces [depending on your clamshell set up 6mm, or 8mm] go next then bolt it up. Extra care needs to go to tightening it even. Take your time, they do work well! Never used a 16 spoke wheel someone here will know......