Howdy from Atlanta GA!

GoldenMotor.com

MellowOne

Feb 19, 2009
Powder Springs, GA
Well people, I got bitten by the bike building bug... Saw one for sale on Craigs list while looking for a peddler to get around and got curious. While doing some research, I ran across this site and been lurking for well over a month now.
I got a little carried away with the base bike I went with possibly, as it is not a drop in install like the traditional V frames that I see a lot of. I got the bike and ordered a kit and am pretty much getting ready to come out of the bed room with it and take it over to a friends up north to do a little fabricating to make it all come together. There is soo much going on here! I get excited when I see the guy in Clearwater CNCing engines!!
I have gotten many tips on how to do some of the things needed. The issues I foresee, are bending the exhaust to go even or close to that with the frame, something for to have front brakes, a better plug wire, rollers and guides to get the chain where it needs to be and a real biggie-the carb angle correct as right now it looks like too much angle. The gas tank is a dummy but I think I can make it work with a bung kit and maybe some tank sealer. I was thinking maybe take the kit tank to a shop and have them plasma cut the bung right off the kit tank and fit it to mine, then put a bung in the bottom for the petcock.
The motor is bolted in right where it falls and I am anticipating some adjustments and hope I wont have to get to carried away with possibly welding the appropriately angled posts to mount to. I will try and post some pics from a cell phone so you can see what I am up to. I have a few questions as well which I will post in the appropriate sections.
I hope to be on the road by the end of the month. .trk

Attachments

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
Hey,where did you buy that bike from? That is just awesome! I live in Ringgold. I would love to find a roller like that to start from when I got the $$$. You going "80 cc" or with a smaller engine? Only thing I would add to your bike is a chrome headlamp and a tail light fabbed into the rear fender. Could mount a small motorcycle battery under the seat in a custom box to power them and make a "charging plug" to hook to so you dont have to remove the battery to charge it. but any wayNICE RIDE!!

MellowOne

Feb 19, 2009
Powder Springs, GA
Thankx SpeedyW! The bike came from California($ more than the regular cruisers), and the engine is a 66cc with centrifugal clutch and a pull start. It has a functional headlight (not mounted) and the tail light (not functional but could be, is also a part of the kit and is mounted but doesn't show in the pic. I like your idea about the battery under the seat area...How far are you from Powder Springs 30127 zip!

Last edited: