Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Dry eyes while riding

you might try some shooting glasses as well- they fit more like sun glasses but will wrap around your eyes to the side a bit more. Enough to stop the wind entirely??? but its a thought
UK Dealer

get yourself a set of these bad boys eBay Motors: air jacket Clear motorcycle goggles (item 170309407214 end time Mar-15-09 07:51:24 PDT)

Dan and i have this helmet which comes with (clear) googles New Brown Leather Half Motorcycle Helmet Size L Goggles on eBay, also Helmets, Helmets, Goggles Visors, Motorcycle Clothing Helmets, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 31-Mar-09 15:30:34 BST)
For EU and UK Kits/Parts/Fully fitted bikes.
Visit us at -

'Engines Ignited By the Finest Cigar'

"Tigertooth built him a jet
When his parts come in he'll be set
The pulse was so cool
It'd make a guy drool
He'll put one on a bike now I bet....................." - Ilikeabikea
Old 03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

With my contacts I have a small bottle of eye drops I use with them that keep my eyes wet
and lubricates the surface of the eye as a buffer. When I used to ride as a kid during this
time of year when the wind was blowing, I'd get dirt & grit from the street in them and wind up with
"the pink eye" which was infectious and just miserable.

So, I learned to keep a pair of contour safety glasses for riding. I've even used FogX on side
shield safety glasses.

One product I've learned about that works quite well is, Bausch & Lomb ADVANCED eye relief
DryEye/Environmetnal lubricant eye drops. One product I'd advise against is that red eye stuff.
Just my opinion based on my experience with it.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Smile Re: Dry eyes while riding

Originally Posted by a_dam View Post
I agree with the suggestion for safety glasses. You gotta find what fits YOU.
A lot of sunglasses were too dark for me, and some of the snazzy wrap-around ones fit so close that my eyelashes rubbed when I blinked (very annoying).
Wouldn't you know, some $3 Harbor Freight safety glasses are what I'm using now. I swear it's not just because I'm cheap! I have a drawer with a half dozen pair of glasses I bought before I found those.
I purchased a pair of Bobster's they are like a fully vented goggle - sunglasses or they come with amber lenses as well as clear and are interchangeable in only a couple of minutes. Now my eyes water very little so i can travel longer at high speeds on my Morini. They were only $33 here probably much cheaper there in the U.S.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 AM

clear safety glasses don't fog

Got mine at the Dollar store- they don't sell them anymore
Old 11-26-2011, 01:16 PM

I use safety glasses too, a clear pair lives in the frame bag under my tank, and I have a pair styled like sunglasses for nice days. I used to wear safety sunglasses before motorizing too, after I took a bee to the cheekbone just under my eye where my regular sunglasses stopped. (Fortunately it didn't hit stinger-first, it could have been worse than just the splatter). I had to try a few different styles of safety glasses before I found ones that fit me well enough though. Some left too much gap and caused worse problems with dust swirling between them and my eyes, some were too close and (as someone else mentioned) my lashes would make contact.. very distracting.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser