Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default Re: Hello from Québec, Canada

Deacon its getting close to morel mushroom season and I wish I had a good excuse to come out your way I love to hunt the shrooms.
Norman
Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUISER View Post
hi tom and welcome to the forum. part of the fun of these is modifiying things to make them work. if you run in to trouble let us know and we will be glad to help you. glad to have you with us

Hi Cruiser, RedB66 replied me that for the spark and wire upgrade, I should ask you:
«As for the spark plugs...upgrading is a good idea, Cruiser will be able to help you out on that one»

I read in some other site that for the chinese 80cc kit, it's preferable to change the spark and wire fo better ones. Especialy the spark, a colder one and for wire, a 7mm copper wire. Is that correct, and where could I buy thoses items ? Thanks for your help!
Tom
Old 04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

7mm is whats important. i have tried both copper and regular and no real difference. you can buy the wire by the foot at napa auto if you have one near you. they have good quality wire. alot of these kits the wire that comes with them is junk to put it mildly. when you put on the new wire take a screw and screw it into the side that goes into the cdi. not a lot just a little then take the screw out and spin the wire onto the cdi. their is a screw in the cdi and pre threading the new wire makes it a whole lot easier to get on their