Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default New guy from Iowa

Hi I'm Dave,

My 13 yr old son and I are building our first motorized bike - a Schwinn OCC chopper (the Spiderweb version). Bought a 66cc motor kit online

Before working on installing the motor, I repacked the wheel bearings and went over the brakes to make sure everything was in good shape. Moved both front and rear brakes to one lever on the right.

After a few difficulties, everything is installed on the bike, just can't get the motor to start. Seems like no spark, but I'm browsing the forum and checking things out. I'll post a message in the appropriate forum if I can't get it going.

I've got a lot of experience working on cars so I'm not going to let a simple 2 cycle beat me.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: New guy from Iowa

Welcome to the forum Dave, glad you joined us.

A Motorized Bicycles is a great father son project glad to hear you and your son are enjoying it.

Without really knowing whats going on the best advice I can give is check to be sure the wiring is correct and if you are using the kill switch be sure it is not shorted out.

Hope you get it figured out if not feel free to ask. Plenty of experienced members here that are more then willing to give a helping hand.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: New guy from Iowa

Got it running tonight. There were 2 problems. The spark plug connector wasn't making good contact. And the clutch wasn't tight enough so it was slipping. Sure felt good to hear it fire up.