Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default howdy folks

Hi - I'm meezy from brooklyn.

i've had this great, iron-clad chicago-made ~1972 schwinn collegiate sport that i just can't get rid of, even though i can't really ride it comfortably. love the frame and the build - but it's just too small for me... unless i take drastic measures with the seat post, stem, and handlebars, my knees hit my elbows when i pedal - however - i think this would make a perfect motorized bike... wide wheel base, low profile, handles curves really well...

normally i take on projects like a viking - thoughtlessly with a full-frontal attack and a bunch of wasted time and money...

...this time, i thought i'd do something novel - THINK! - and ask ADVICE from people with EXPERIENCE - before i just bought some random crap that i might regret...

so now that we're acquainted, i'll soon write my first post with my half-baked ideas and eagerly await responses and suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (99.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: howdy folks

Welcome to the forum meezy
Old 10-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: howdy folks

How you doing meezy? I'm originaly from N.Y. myself.

I don't know much about engineering/customizing MB's but I've been tinkering for years, especially with bikes. That bike you have there looks nice slim lined and elegant. Iron welds good I hear. Seriously though I have no idea what to tell you as I'm in 2 builds myself one of which will be a front bracket weld attempt. Welding is the way to go if your starting from scratch IMO. Hopefully a Vet will come through and comment. I'm new here to so I'll pull up a chair. Oh and welcome as well.