Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Road simulator for indoor winter work

Just bought a stationary bicycle indoor trainer. I can adjust the resistance from my handlebars. I'm hoping it will be a close simulation to actual road driving. Winter is almost here and I won't have the ability to tune or break in new engines. I hope this will allow me to continue work in the garage. I'd like to know if anybody else out there has done anything similar and what the results were. I also have a high powered fan to blow on the motor and an exhaust tube with inline fan to blow the exhaust out. I'm going to try and post a link that never seems to work out for me though . https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/pr...57527539_2.jpg
Old 10-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: Road simulator for indoor winter work

I was thinking about something like this last winter. You can mount a exhaust tube up to your pipe then out the window. Like a dryer exhaust tube. The only this is you'd have to mount the bike tired to some rollers to simulate full enging load.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Check the link I provided. I can adjust resistance to simulate the road and its resistance. In theory it should be identical if I get it dialed in just right and I can do that from my handlebars. As for the exhaust tube like I stated in my first section, I have an exhaust tube with an inline fan that blows outside and yes it will hook to my exhaust. As well as a high-powered fan to blow on the motor so it doesn't overheat. It should be here in a couple days I'm pretty excited and I will share
Old 10-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Once you get it all set up take some pictures of it please. I have a Florida room here in my backyard and I could probably set up something like that. And I'd like to see how you set it up thank you
Old 10-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

It came in the mail a few days ago but I got busy and haven't had time to put it together yet and rest of out. I will get to it this week though. I will post pics or better yet a video.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I pick those up with broken resistance units for $15 on CL, make a great place to set up a bike for running motor while working on them (often have to widen mounts for long axles tho).
Old 10-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

That's what I was thinking. Just because there is going to be snow on the ground soon doesn't mean I have to put a hold on building bikes. I'm straight up obsessed at this point over these little China girls.lol