Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Newbie from SC with some questions

Hi guys,
New to motorizing bikes but looking forward to it. Need some recommendations for my first build. I am wanting to do a chopper style bike. What kind of bike or frame would you guys recommend? I am pretty handy with tools and welding so that is covered. Also what is a good motor kit to start with? I see tons of different ones. When the motor kit says it will fit a 26" frame, what part of the frame are they talking about? Also, what would be a good bike or frame for something to resemble a board track bike? Thanks guys and I look forward to being here..
Old 09-24-2016, 07:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Newbie from SC with some questions

Welcome Jason, most of us started with a single speed beach cruiser build to keep it simple. The engine kit you use depends on what you prefer, I started with a 2 stroke kit that served me well. If you'll brows the vendors on the sides of the forum you will find everything you need.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Thanks for the reply Greg. I am defiantly doing a 2 stroke engine style.
I see them all over ebay. I assume they are from China. Anyone have luck with those, or should I rely on one of the vendors on the side of the forum? Is a single speed beach cruiser easy to customize? Like adding longer forks and different handlebars?
Old 09-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I have bought a couple of kits from eBay, and several from one of the larger company's that sponsor this forum. What you get from vendors here is better hardware and service, a lot of the eBay sites are just reselling kits they got in large lots. Some do pretty good when you have a bad part, some Don't. When you are talking about a kit priced below $200 or some as low as $110 they are pretty much disposable anyway.