Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Phantom parts

Has Phantom Bikes stopped selling parts online for good? A few weeks ago I had no problem pulling up their parts menu, but now it is not available. I just bought an HF144 / 4G combo for my Townie and would like a nice long/low pipe for it, but now you can click the parts icon all you want, but no luck.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Phantom parts

Same here, also I called and left a message, but still haven't received a reply. Big bummer there, they were selling springer forks for like $70...
Old 09-05-2016, 01:25 PM

I saw them also for when a normal price is like 170.00, they must of been liquidating, or other? I was suspicious as to why so low, seemed too good to be true, and I steer clear. The no reply on a inquiry to buy says it all.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:00 PM

They had replied once, but when I called back to place my order, no answer. They were indeed getting rid of the forks on clearance, but dude never mentioned that they were going out of business. Oh well I'll just call Lynn and give her my money, she's friendlier anyway.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:21 PM

Weird, why wouldnt you take a sales call. Must be too busy filling orders for "fleets".
Old 09-06-2016, 02:24 AM

Weird, why wouldnt you take a sales call. Must be too busy filling orders for "fleets

Sorry for duplicate! Ish.

Last edited by ishman; 09-06-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:16 AM

There's to many crooks in this particular market for me to stress to hard. There's a few good folks out there that I feel I can trust. Funny seems the best companies, currently have the worst websites! Look at ThatsDax, Custommotoredbicycles, and SBP! My word those pages are archaic in comparison to the ease of shopping and user friendly format of Evil Gasbike! Beware SpookyTooth cycles, they'll send you bikeberry junk and not even have the decency to try to cover it up! Bike berry billed my card, and SpookyTooth left their tag in the box, I've still got it! I didn't think to check my card till the package came in, had I done so before hand I might have canceled the order. I don't dare try to return it, for fear SpookyTooth has similar policies to bikeberry.

Bikeberry, gasbike, and kingsmotors are all currently ripping off the Master Mechanic hub adapter, and universal motor mount, and that's just what I know of off the top of my head. I believe they've also knocked off the fredhead, and the Dax gearbox, all of these are patented products, and I've been made to believe there is litigation in progress. It is my impression that any part found on those websites can be found elsewhere in higher quality and only a little more cost.
I'll by my parts from folks who'll take the time to talk with me, and I mean more than just business, but conversational small talk, people who want to build a rapport with their customers. I'm proud to recommend Duane, he's a great guy, who builds great ChinaGirls, and I look forward to doing business with Lynn, rather than just picking her brain. Phantom Bikes had the opportunity for a loyal customer, now my friends, Duane, Lynn, and George will get all my parts money for the foreseeable future, if only because I know their names, and talk to the same people every time I call.
Sorry rant over!
Old 09-06-2016, 04:31 PM

Thank you very much for the rant Mr. Monster as this is how we learn. Yeah, Phantom bikes site is one of the slickest websites out there. Oh, he still has the link to his spot on Leno up and working and the link to his very expensive bikes, but within the last month or so, he has disabled access to his parts menu. Bummer for me since I have an affinity for the pipes he makes, plus all the other outlets that sell decent looking units are all out of stock too, I have looked everywhere. It looks as though I will have to get by with the little black box for a while anyway.

Ish
Old 09-06-2016, 05:55 PM

You've a point there, I should have paid closer attention to the rants of others, I could have avoided much grief...lol.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:38 PM

Well, I got an answer to my email to Phantom bikes that said:
"Sorry we no longer sell parts. The Phantom Bike Team"

So that is that. Looks like I am probably going to have to learn to make a nice exhaust pipe by,and for myself.

Ish