Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Hello from San Francisco. N00b here looking forward to picking your brains

I unexpectedly came across a good deal on a Honda GXH50 recently. With that, a long standing question of whether to go electric or gas became a no brainer. I'd always expected that my first build would be from a kit with lots of hand holding and support. Now, it seems I'll be taking the plunge via a build-from-scratch route, more or less.

I'll probably be lurking a great deal during the initial research period to figure out what the **** I'll be doing and how I'll pull it off. But I'll be begging for help in due time. Please be gentle with the dumb questions of someone without a lot of experience as a mechanic.

Any suggestions of where to start? I'm trying to get a hold of "Motorized Bicycles" by Tom Bartlett. Any other suggestions for resources of any kind would be appreciated.

Thank you all and stay awesome!

Last edited by cycleplumber; 05-25-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: looks like there is a formatting convention. just keeping with the flow.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:17 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hello from San Francisco. N00b here looking forward to picking your brains

Maybe think about a kit first,as doing a home build takes a long time, and can be very flustrating. That way you can ride while doing the home build, and take your time.

Welcome aboard...............................Curt