Ultimate China Girl Engine

GoldenMotor.com

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
There exists the small possibility that I may be able to talk Jim at Creative Engineering into building a few "Re-Engineered" engines, his last words were "I will do it in a batch of 12 to keep costs down, but it will be between $350-$400. I would consider a core exchange program" "I also am not sure other than balancing & blueprinting what folks want"

So there you go, if you were getting an engine like this, no vibration, high winding, what else would you like to see Jim do to it? Maybe make it 80cc for real??Reed Cage???

I have already ordered Serial #01, so all we need is eleven more--- Walter F

GaSpoiler

Jan 24, 2009
Alpharetta, Georgia
I have been researching engine coatings for a while and would like to see how they would affect the Happy time engine. I am thinking about a ceramic coated piston with dry film lubricant sides and an oil shedding film underneath. There is a shop not far from me that offers coatings such as this as well as cryogenic treatment to all kinds of engine components. The shop has a patented process were they cryogenically treat gears and micro finish them to eliminate noise, vibration and increase power. I would like to see this process applied to HT gears. If you combine a balance and blueprint with these technologies you would have a HT that would be worth the extra bucks to me. Is it cost effective? I don't know. There are several coatings and cryo shops out there in every state. They are just the tightly kept secret many racers use for their edge. I tried to post the link to the shop close to me but forgot I don't have enough posts yet to do so. Google evans performance in Georgia or another coating shop by you to see the possibilities.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Sounds like you are copying Chris Hill from Canada.
If there is a market for them.
Go for it!

Now if you are going to do something unique .
Aluminum. cooling fins
Brass. cylinder liner Or steel .
Chrome. cylinder coating.
With a Balanced crank.
And American bearing's.
WOW!!!!!

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Jim doesn't copy anybody-don't know who or what a Chris Hill is but I don't think they do what Jim and I are talking about. Balancing the crankshaft for low vibration, fly-cut all mating surfaces,USA bearings, all hardware will be replaced, new intake with reed cage, and maybe making it a true 80cc engine plus more. The idea is to make these 12 special engines reliable, vibration free, with increased power and performance as a by-product. Don't know if your Chris Hill does all that but I never heard of Chris Hill Walter F.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Jim doesn't copy anybody-don't know who or what a Chris Hill is but I don't think they do what Jim and I are talking about. Balancing the crankshaft for low vibration, fly-cut all mating surfaces,USA bearings, all hardware will be replaced, new intake with reed cage, and maybe making it a true 80cc engine plus more. The idea is to make these 12 special engines reliable, vibration free, with increased power and performance as a by-product. Don't know if your Chris Hill does all that but I never heard of Chris Hill Walter F.
Walt,
Chris Home of the CH bicycle engine, CH80 Bicycle Engine Kits by Chris Hill, Motorized Bicycles, Bike Engine, Bike Motor, Bicycle Motor kit doesn't go to the extent that Jim and you are talking about but he builds one fine engine. I have a little over 650 miles on mine and I've never had to tighten or replace a bolt, it runs smooth, quiet and strong. You can read about the CH-80 engine here. Not trying to take any business away from Jim just letting you know there are others out there who see a need for improvements to the Chinese engines
Tom

Last edited:

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
wow where can i order and is total cost complete and assembled $300to$400?
Well robin we are just at the talking/getting buyers lined up/seeing what everybody wants stage.

To answer your question: Contact Jim Swarthout @ [email protected] or phone him during business hours, he likes to talk bikes. His # is 727-483-1693. To answer your other question: Yes the 12 engines will be assembled and run, possibly on a dyno!

The main thing Jim needs now is input as to what problems most need fixing to assure reliability. He's leaning now towards making a new crankshaft for a couple reasons, Increase stroke for more bottom end torque, the crank would be balanced right out of CNC machine, can be weighted properly for displacement for quicker acceleration, no or very low vibration.

Jim knows these 12 engines are not for everybody and he does not want to sell to just anybody, you see these will be like Jim's babies and he wants them to have a good home. He said something about interviewing prospective customers by phone before accepting their order.

I'll try this another way- WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU HATE ABOUT THE CHINA GIRL ENGINE AND WOULD CHANGE IF YOU COULD??? Come on gang this is for everybody - What's the biggest gripe?

Walter F.

ride65

Jan 9, 2009
connecticut
A bullet cylinder with hexed fins would be nice @80cc if the bottom end can handle it. I chopped off the front mount until it was flat and put a U bracket with two 1/4 inch bolts through the crank case. Notched the magneto cover. The bracket does not hit the magneto. Fine work but not with CNC. I would say it is bullet proof. Thinking of running 1/4 inch studs through the rear crank case and cutting them off with pipe dope on them but have not had time to see if there is enough metal in the case.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

In addition to mods to balance the engine and use of quality bearings to allow it to survive high speed banzai runs, it seems many people (myself included) are interested in a decent 12V electrical system pushing enough juice to work a set of reasonable lights and a high performance ignition system.

Once the balance and bearing issues are taken care of, A high performance jug and piston/conrod would be a good stage II mod...

Just my .01 cent (we're in a recession so I had to save the other penny! ;-O)

Andrew

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
HI,

In addition to mods to balance the engine and use of quality bearings to allow it to survive high speed banzai runs, it seems many people (myself included) are interested in a decent 12V electrical system pushing enough juice to work a set of reasonable lights and a high performance ignition system.

Once the balance and bearing issues are taken care of, A high performance jug and piston/conrod would be a good stage II mod...

Just my .01 cent (we're in a recession so I had to save the other penny! ;-O)

Andrew
I totally agree with Andrew. Just a good balance job and it would be a different engine.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
OK gang, to see the latest developments on these 12 engines go down to "High Performance Bicycle..." and check out "Transfer port modification..." Walter F.

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
Thanks Walter!

I wonder if these engines tuned up enough are good for 45mph? That would be awesome, and one heck of a sleeper.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
count me in!!! gotta have one or two... steel sleaved bore...sealed crank high speed bearings with heavy duty oil seals!!! high compression piston with a compression ratio of at least 18:1
angled spark plug... balanced cranks... porting... heavy duty bushings instead of needle bearings...this is gonna be so sweet!!!

probably can reach 8,000 rpm with 8HP!!! 45mph easy...

I wonder if the shifter kit could take so much power... better be gentle on the throttle!!!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I would love a 48 cc with this treatment. Sadly my job is on the verge of going away so I can't commit the funds. :(
I'm sorry to hear that Fin. The curent economic situation IS dismal! Several of my good customers have scaled back drastically. The trickle down from all of this is a real kick-in-the-pants. A lot of us who had nothing to do with this mess are the ones to feel it the worst...

Jim

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I would love a 48 cc with this treatment. Sadly my job is on the verge of going away so I can't commit the funds. :(
I feel for you Finfan. I lost two jobs in 08 and only been able to find part time work right now. I am hurting BAD!! I do not know how much longer I will be able to stay online. It's becoming a luxury that I cant afford.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I cut back to the three things I did not want to lose a long time ago. I pay my rent, Cricket phone and comcast each month. There's not much left over after that but I make it.

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster, PA / Newark, DE
im interested in this project but it is dependent on what the upgrades will exactly be. I'd love to see and engine with:
*larger diameter mounting studs (I have personally broke 3 studs (they were automotive grade SS...));
*reed valve system (had some tuning issues with my reed valve but havent had a lot of time to mess with it (i only noticed very minor improvement...));
*improved cylinder with better transfer ports (including improving port timing), boost ports, larger intake and exhaust ports, possibly a steel liner, and more fins for more cooling surface area to handle the power;
*cylinder head with a proper squish band, higher compression ratio, and larger cooling fins for increased cooling surface area (desperately needed on the stock platform)
*properly balanced crank with new high quality bearings;
*if a new crank will be made, it might be worth replacing the connecting rod as well since many people have observed them stretching
*increased displacement would be welcomed and would be a while your in there if you replace everything else...
*quieter primary gears (this is the first thing you hear when a bike is coming down the street)
*possibly locate a better magneto so a better coil can be used
*high performance carb may be needed with the increased air this engine will pump...
*better seals for the case, cylinder etc.

These are just a few ideas im throwing out there. When it is decided as to what level of modification will be done im sure more people will probably jump on the boat. Everything besides the crank & connecting rod could be produced in a higher volume to be sold to the DIYer. I know i would jump even to buy these other parts if they were for sale now. But the idea of a sorted motor with no vibration is very appealing keep up the good work Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Justin

Last edited: