Candy apple gt2a Indian update

GoldenMotor.com

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I finally got around to securely bolting and cutting the drive side chain guard. It's sold now and looks like it fits the frame. I trimmed it off with chrome edging trim.

I added a CNC boost bottle for looks on the opposite side of my brass fire extinguisher using black zip ties and 2 double rubber clamp cushions back to back. Looks clean in mho. I've ordered a vintage air pump hose with red braid for the hose off eBay. Again the boost bottle is only for looks...

I added springer fork decals that are Art Deco style.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I clamped the poo poo muffler using a chrome auto coil cover clamp I got at pep boys. It's solid and high quality steel and should fit most stock exhaust pipe Diameter Or be close enough to work for anyone looking for a high end clamp. I attached it to the chain stay wheel slot cut outs so it looks pretty stock.

Attachments

Last edited:

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
please place bike on wall and break glass when needed in an emergency.......
Super Rad (can I get away typing that)?
probably one of the nicest detailed MB's I've seen. Super Rad
keep up your great work, play.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks gooseneck, not done yet but close. I'm building a metallic yellow one to see if I can better it a bit. I do want one for the wall in my man cave..hehe Seriously want to ride the heck out of it this spring. Here is yellow GT waiting for parts

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Gee thanks for thinking of me Gooseneck! Too funny man, your killing me. That horn would weigh more than the engine. Seriously...I was also looking for a horn also that could be totally hidden under the lower part frame with a tiny button on the handle bar only. Pretty thin pickens for anything, as most are toys at best and have obnoxious sounding chips and kids laser sound emanating from them. Yuk... Here is one of those cheap, but small ones that has obnoxious sounds that will make someone probably want to hit you. It is dirt cheap about 3 bucks takes a nine volt and small enough to be hidden and the button wired a long ways from the small horn body that could be attached just above the bottom bracket using a rubber frame mount and if painted to match your bike it would never be seen. I guess if you just chirp it for a sec nobody will slug you for using it, maybe. Wish someone would come out with the perfect bike horn. it does not really exist yet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Sounds-Ul...650579?hash=item3a94543853:g:LRsAAOSwPe1Tz7KF
zpt

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Impressive. Very pretty bike. Congratulations. When do you expect to do the first ride? I know you're getting a lot of bad weather up there, so maybe spring?

I do have one comment and you can take it with a grain of salt but; the machined aluminum boost bottle doesn't seem to match the vintage/classic looks of the rest of the bike. If it's just there for looks anyway, maybe replace it with something made of brass or copper. Just one man's opinion.

Tom

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks 2 door. I've thought the same thing on the Boost bottle looking slightly too modern. Pretty easy to change to a brass look using thin sticky back brass tape...I saw somewhere for sale. Ill find it and cover the darn thing. Thanks for the incentive to fix it.
/Zip

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
2door/ Ill get it started and take my first ride as soon as the ice is off the roads... soon I hope. Here is a gas cap cover from a chrome radiator cap I had laying around. The metal gas cap that came with the frame is pretty cheap looking steel. I don't know if it looks much better but I must of been bored.

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
If you click my forum name and pick view public profile there are 2 albums with lots of Picts of the candy apple bike. I'm also working on a new yellow build that's similar but very different. I'll be posing Picts on that one soon I hope.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks 60weight!, it was a fun project. The second Gt2A build seems harder and is going slower for some reason...LOL

crazynaclh20

Feb 27, 2016
Djibouti
This is a very cool bike. Now I have to change up my current build as I was thinking of the old Indian look. However not nearly as detailed as yours.
I cant wait to get home to the US where I can pick up my old hobbies. I absolutely love tinkering with different vehicles and just going off the deep end in the details. Great job!!

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i like to put the coil under the motor on the seat post and run a long plug wire back up to the plug for a clean front down tube. very nice bike

tgaydos

Jul 16, 2015
astoria oregon
as for horns have you looked at motorcycle pancake horns? i'm not sure if they'd work for your application but worth a look possibly...