Cylinder Stud broken

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I've snapped a few bolt in my days and the best way to take it out is to tig weld a nut on the top and wrench it off. Take it to a machine shop and they'll usually do it for $10. In fact I recently snapped a weak bolt flush with my jet ski crank cases.

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I've used the TIG method before and it works really well too... and sometimes that's the only method that's gonna work since it can be done inside an engine where drilling would be a serious no no, but a quick weld leaves no shavings or cutting wheel residue, and it's also very effective.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I've used the TIG method before and it works really well too... and sometimes that's the only method that's gonna work since it can be done inside an engine where drilling would be a serious no no, but a quick weld leaves no shavings or cutting wheel residue, and it's also very effective.
This is the only way I've been doing it for years. I hate ez outs because 8 out of 10 times (especially on small snapped bolt) I've always damaged the threads drilling the bolt then spend more money using and buying a heli coils kit.