Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:15 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: China Girls....Happy Times

Agree to disagree. Plenty of room here in the sandbox.

I started out some years ago with a few bikebugs (grossly underpowered friction drive) and had enough fun to keep going... next were China girl engines and I enjoyed having more power, but poorly made parts and the crapshoot on whether the engine was decent or not, along with way too much vibration for an old guy with tired hands led me away from them and into the smoother realm of four strokes. Not that I don't have 2 strokes... just no more China girls.

As for centrifugal clutches, they have their place and I have a couple of bikes using them, also one with CVT another in progress which will be lever operated manual, another with a wet clutch on a 1934 Sachs 2 stroke and a dog clutch on a trike I'm slowly building. One kind of build is happy with one kind of clutch and another wants something different.

Things purchased ready to assemble out of a box are nice when you're starting out in this madness (hobby, I mean), but once you start fabricating and inventing then things from kits pretty well lose interest. Being somewhat difficult is what makes DIY builds fun and interesting. One of my favorite builders here is cannonball2 as every build is different and inventive. Clever, fun stuff. One thing I try to avoid is getting too serious about what should be fun. Diversity is something to celebrate. Beautiful if great, but so is weird. I'm now finishing up a strange alien creature from a MTB with a rack mount 79CC Predator, jackshaft and final drive being a salvaged 3 speed Sturmey Archer hub used as a friction drive. It has been lots of fun and interesting and is also the weirdest and ugliest bike I've ever made. I love it. Ha!
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...

Last edited by silverbear; 06-16-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:44 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

all this just points out the diff between folks that build for fun and those that build because they are unable to afford a monthly bus pass (which, here, costs about same as an HT kit)
Sometimes I sets and thinks, sometimes I jes sets.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Unhappy Re: China Girls....Happy Times

Originally Posted by YesImLDS;.

Now that I am on topic of picking fights it seems that not many people can get along with you as I have already seen you arguing with other people in the chat three different occasions. You might need to look at yourself if this is a re-occuring case. Thanks for your time.[/QUOTE
The staff has been watching and is very aware.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Smile Re: China Girls....Happy Times

Originally Posted by apex View Post
Scotto, your bike is beautiful, and far more capable and advanced than my simple, by the numbers no mod kit builds.

But coming from decades of motorcycles, I require a clutch lever.
Same thing in my cars, gotta have a clutch. But thats me, not everybody.
Thanks apex, I also come from decades of motorcycles and do like a manual clutch lever myself on bikes and in cars except when stuck in stop and go traffic
EZ Motorbike Dealer - San Diego, CA.
Nothing is out of my realm,
if it doesn't fit, make it fit! Beer is the answer....what was the question?
A sense of humor costs nothing, why don't people use them more often?
"You can't buy have to earn it"
Old 06-16-2015, 03:53 PM

Posts have been edited and I will be more careful about what posts I respond to and how, and also avoid contact with certain people when necessary.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:07 PM

If I had more money, I'd build a 212cc bike, but I'm not as wealthy as I used to be. I spent all my money playing competitive paintball for ten years lol