this thing

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Other than it self-centers the sprocket I don't see much advantage over the kit rag joint. For $45, I'd rather spend a little time and center the sprocket myself. I didn't read everything but what hub is it supposed to fit? They aren't all the same size.

Just my opinion.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
that just looks like a clamshell that is held together by a hose clamp - I doubt I'd ever try one if it was on the shelf here

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That first adapter looked kind of useless. But, this chain tensioner looks pretty good but kind of high priced http://www.ebay.com/itm/80CC-ENGINE...986?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ff98f1c2
That's just another 'spring tensioner'. The idea sounds good but the fact is you don't want a spring that allows slack when you least need it. The tensioner, if you have to use one should be mounted solid. Adjustable, but not by a spring.

When pedal starting or during deceleration the spring will give allowing the chain to loosen. You don't want that. These are a bandaid for improper chain tension and a marketing gimmick.

Tom

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I see no spring in the picture, nor any mention of it being spring loaded anywhere in the description. Looks like it is mounted solid, to the pedal chain guard tab.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I see no spring in the picture, nor any mention of it being spring loaded anywhere I'm the description. Looks like it is mounted solid, to the pedal chain guard tab.
Run your cursor over the second picture, the one with the part in a package. You'll see the spring.

Tom

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Huh.? I don't see a problem with the spring load tensioner but I never used one before this is the first one I've seen that looked decent. Another one mounts on the clutch cover and another on the chainstay. I don't like those but this looked like a better way to do it to me. So, are you saying it has too much tension or not enough. Has anybody actually tried this one? It mounts behind the rear mounting plate. Yeah, I know, your probably right. They got a lot of new stuff I never saw before now a days. So, when you pedal start the chain gets to much slack in the top? sounds right I guess

Last edited: