The $20 goodwill bike

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I've been looking for a bike to build my wife a motorbike with, Saturday morning while waiting for the bank to open I was waiting in the goodwill store parking lot. I saw two people get out of their car as the store employee unlocked the doors and decided to check for anything I could use. I went straight to the back and found a nearly new 24" women's mountain bike for $19.91, I'm going to cut the top bar out and reweld it to make room for a two stroke engine. I have a complete kit, all I have to order is dual brake lever.

Attachments

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Excellent find Greg,

I have thought about building my wife one also, I'll need to do hers with pull start and centrifugal clutch though if I go CG power.

Have seriously thought about rear mount 49cc board scooter set up or possible use one of the 79cc HF 4 smokers I have out in the shop and make it a belt drive with centrifugal clutch, my wife is 5'2" and would need a very easy to handle set up, the manual clutch would make it a no go for her.

Hope to see some pics of the bike here soon and especially to build process as you start they work.

Love to see a good plan come together...

Shan

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
My wife is also 5'2" so a rear tank will be in order, I'm going to weld the top bar back in as low as possible to make it easier for her to ride.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Keep us posted on the build, Greg.
Looks interesting. She should like it.
24" bikes make nice builds if you can shoe-horn in an engine.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Greg,
I was cruising around with Google Earth and drove through Newnan and saw this.
Too bad you didn't see it before you started your newest project. :)
8 Jefferson St. Newnan GA.

Tom

Attachments