Good, two stroke motor kit.

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I was thinking of shooting some straight oil into the cylinder, let it set overnight, before trying to turn it over. Looks aawwful dry in there.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I was thinking of shooting some straight oil into the cylinder, let it set overnight, before trying to turn it over. Looks aawwful dry in there.
A few drops of light machine oil like 3 in One oil through the exhaust port so it can get around cylinder wont hurt a thing.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Not a bad idea.
Use a light oil, and don't over do it or you will glaze the cylinder and the rings won't seat.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You out drew me this time map.......

.duh.
LOL.......!!!

It happens to me on here all the time, you've probably done it to me also.

I get going on a long winded post sometimes and that when I post my comment I find that many times You, Tom, Davezilla, maniac, YILDS and Im probably leaving out a few others.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
A few drops of light machine oil like 3 in One oil through the exhaust port so it can get around cylinder wont hurt a thing.
Not a bad idea.
Use a light oil, and don't over do it or you will glaze the cylinder and the rings won't seat.
I looked in there and didn't have the heart to turn it over. I really doubt they put any sort of assembly oil in there at all so dry scuffing first thing bothered me.

I'll drip some 3-n-1 in there just the night before the first start.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I looked in there and didn't have the heart to turn it over. I really doubt they put any sort of assembly oil in there at all so dry scuffing first thing bothered me.

I'll drip some 3-n-1 in there just the night before the first start.
That will be just fine, I've always found that there is a very thin light skim of oil but not much, anr of course its always very possible some dont get any oil accept whats on the builds hands when they put the parts together, so a few drops of light oil will definitely not hurt a thing.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Can't wait to get started on it. Right now it sits next to the bike, because ATM I'm dealing with the damn Flu and have no ambition to work on anything. I'm just watching TV, computer and being extremely lazy.
I did go to my doctor and begged for some hardcore antibiotics to knock this thing out... It's working...feel a lot better, but still dragged out fatigued and this runny nose....oh god this runny nose.

FLU SUCKS!!

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Holy crap!

So I couldn't wait any longer, cobled the engine onto the bike, hung the chain, sprocket ect ect(took a day) I said the **** with it an mixed up some 20:1 synthetic high octane and went out to see if it would start. Now I just had everything together half ass just so I could get a start, but not good enough to go riding.

It was worth it and I couldn't believe it started right up. I pulled the clutch in and let it idle for like 20 seconds then shut it off. I need to see if everything is tight and all that before I crank on it. I'll go ahead and get the chain better and all that also, tak the front fender off and air up the tires better.
Then I'll see if I can run a slow tank through it, before I take it all apart to customize the bike.

My faith is restored....looks like I got a runner.