mikuni fuel pump on briggs and stratton?

GoldenMotor.com

gbginger

Apr 2, 2014
gulf Breeze florida
was not sure what to ask the question under but I'm wondering if anyone has put a mikuni fuel pump on a briggs and start ton 3.5 HP before. and if so where did they drill to put the fitting on the motor? or what location would be best? or is there some way i can go off of the breather assembly that is already in place? thanks

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
On a 4 stroke engine you would need the fitting to come off the intake manifold since the pressure inside the case under the piston would not produce a strong enough pulse and also since the lower case needs some ventilation to reduce pumping losses that reduce total power.

This works really well on a 2 stroke since the case is sealed in order to make a strong transfer pressure in order to send the fresh air/fuel charge into the cylinder. The intake manifold pulses on a 4 stroke are also stronger than on a 2 stroke.

gbginger

Apr 2, 2014
gulf Breeze florida
i guess I'm a little confused on this. AGK is showing an install going into the engine side cover and also the valve cover on a pred motor saying it gives off enough plus. I'm using a briggs motor but figured the same as far as going into the side cover? but if the manifold works i don't see why i can't just do that.. this is my home made one now. so would u recommend me drilling and tapping a fitting right into the bend on mine for it to work?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
If the pump is designed to work off a weaker pulse like a valve cover or a case on a 4 stroke then it should work on your Briggs the same way. Some of these type pumps need a rather strong pulse, but if one is designed to run this way on a 4 stroke it should work just fine, I'd try it like you mentioned first, then use the manifold as a pulse reference if the case pulse isn't strong enough. You can always install a pipe plug in the hole if it doesn't work.