Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: little bit of help if anyone can spare it

check your fuel mixture best advise if its not running take out the sight screw on the carb with the tank turned off and drain the carb out put the drain screw back in and lt it fill up with fresh gas then make sure your plug boot is on good check your wiring to see if its pulled loose if you can get a spark plug tester and check for spark have somebody spin the back wheel with the clutch out while you check for spark or pull the 415 chain off and spin the motor with the drive gear and your spark plug tool and check for spark if you dont have spark that indicates a magneto problem or a cdi problem if you have a stock cdi i have never seen thoose go bad so its probably a magneto failure or an unplugged wire in the wiring also check your intake and exhaust gaskets if you made your own and didnt punch out the center that will cause the bike not to fire my best advise is to make sure you have spark and good gas mix when in doubt thro it out and start over on your gas
Old 01-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

ok false alarm i was so preoccupied about getting a new twist grip then i went to mess with the cdi plug i heard a rattling and found out that i failed to tighten down the head cylinder so did that and now I get the compression but only thing i didn't check was for spark will do that tomorrow and see if i didn't kill the CDI wire to the spark plug.

thanks everyone for the input i appreciate it and feel like this is a great community to be a part of. thanks again for the input and help.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Great news! Don't worry, the more you learn, the more you'll enjoy this engaging hobby. Incidentally, mine IS my daily and primary transportation; if you're patient and willing to learn, these wonderfully simple and efficient engines can be surprisingly reliable.