Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Staff

Default Re: 50cc GY6 on a Bicycle??

Look at the size of the driven gear. It's huge. I know some of it is housing/cooling, but wow. Real monster
Old 01-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Are the carbs gravity fed?
Yes mine is, the fuel tank is higher than the engine and under the seat but, the ruckus type that have the tank under the floor pan use a diaphragm pulse type fuel pump like what you would use on the racing karts with a tank up front under steering wheel.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:34 PM

Here ya go Dan, these guys and gals take there scoots just as serious as most of us do our motorized bikes, look like nothing less than a lot of fun they're having to me.

http://youtu.be/wRw8wM889Bo
Old 01-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Staff

Hoely Cap & Gown, Batman! Burnouts with a belt driven gear box. That is just amazing.

Thanks for posting MapMan.

I measured once, but forget. Width of the 50cc, any one? Think it is wider than wide cranks. If it would fit, not likely, but could be mounted as intended, below and low.

And be easy -er to fab a mounting. Me thinks. Carb question was if rack-mounted. Kinda hate gas so close to the head. hehe, the "Flaming Failure" would not be a cool nickname...
Old 01-03-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hoely Cap & Gown, Batman! Burnouts with a belt driven gear box. That is just amazing.

Thanks for posting MapMan.

I measured once, but forget. Width of the 50cc, any one? Think it is wider than wide cranks. If it would fit, not likely, but could be mounted as intended, below and low.

And be easy -er to fab a mounting. Me thinks. Carb question was if rack-mounted. Kinda hate gas so close to the head. hehe, the "Flaming Failure" would not be a cool nickname...
LOL... Yeah Dan burnouts and evafang...!
Old 01-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Staff

The kids in Hartford try to sup-up their scooter/mopeds. Nothing like that. I really am amazed a scooter can do that.

Almost scary on a bike, me thinks. Doing ratios. Gonna be cool
Old 01-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I think there is even a version with built-in bicycle cranks...but I'm not positive.
These engines are far too wide for any normal bike crank, but it can be done with some creative thinking
Old 01-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Staff

Cant find dimensions but keep finding a ton of information & upgrades.

Searches related to how wide is a gy6 50cc engine
gy6 50cc engine diagram
50cc gy6 engine upgrades
gy6 50cc scooter parts
gy6 50cc turbo kit
gy6 50cc big bore kit
gy6 50cc performance parts
gy6 50cc spark plug gap
gy6 50cc valve adjustment
Old 01-04-2015, 01:49 AM

Tomorrow I'll measure my 150cc GY6 and see what it is Dan, the 50cc is narrower but I don't know how much.

As far as gear ratio is concerned, I really dont think that would be hard to get done, I think I would probably use a heavy duty 20" BMX wheel on the rear and a high strength bmx tire and tube and then go with a 24" front wheel, the 20" on the back should be easy to gear for being that it's not much larger in dia than the 13" wheels that are on many of the scooters like mine and some of them actually have 16" wheels on them, normally the output shaft direct drives the rear wheel so I'm gonna say very little reduction will be needed.

I could be wrong but since the scooter wheels aren't that much different in dia than a 20" bicycle wheel, if this size wheel was used and the fact that a bicycle weighs so much less, even a slightly higher ratio than the scooters have would possibly work OK on a bike.

Like I said I could be wrong but this is my thinking right off the top of my head.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
I think there is even a version with built-in bicycle cranks...but I'm not positive.
These engines are far too wide for any normal bike crank, but it can be done with some creative thinking
Never seen any of the GY6 variants with peddles, but there very well could be something out there that is similar that does.