"soda can* exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
hey every one, i was thinking o cutting of the entire muffler of the stock exhaust and only leaving the pipe, then getting this big can and cut a hole in it then some how fixing it on like with tape that can resist alot of heat
any ideas?

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Kodiak, I concur with my "other Brother" Dan. If you want it to look like a soda can muffler just modify the can so you can slip it over your muffler and secure it with a couple of screws. No tape please!

Dan

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
There was a "fad" a few years back in the R/C world of the mousse can exhaust. It worked well on the 2stroke 50cc+ gas engines and was fairly quiet considering. I made something similar for my wifes Buell Blast from one of the aluminum beer bottles. It worked well and sounded good. Looked pretty cool too. Simply attatched it at the threaded end and drilled the proper amount/size of holes in the base end(read experimentation).She cleaned it off on an off road excursion in a turn. That was the end of her riding career and the Blast.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
There was a "fad" a few years back in the R/C world of the mousse can exhaust. It worked well on the 2stroke 50cc+ gas engines and was fairly quiet considering. I made something similar for my wifes Buell Blast from one of the aluminum beer bottles. It worked well and sounded good. Looked pretty cool too. Simply attatched it at the threaded end and drilled the proper amount/size of holes in the base end(read experimentation).She cleaned it off on an off road excursion in a turn. That was the end of her riding career and the Blast.
^5 Good to know there's another Blastard in here besides me... I got a 2001 Blast for the wife and she rode it maybe 500 feet about 3 years ago so I've souped it up and been riding it to work from time to time... Fun little bike, even when you're used to something much bigger and faster.