Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Smile Re: Need a lil help here

Geez sorry about the problems your having. First thing I did when building my bike was take the wheels off, removed tires and inner tubes and took the hubs apart. Glad I did too, both wheel hub bearings were dry. Total failure if I had tried to ride it. Next I checked every single spoke nut for sharp edges that may puncture an inner tube on both wheels. Next I installed rim strips rubber 2 each for each wheel then masking tape on top of that to cover the spoke nuts. Then I installed the tires on the rims. Next installed those plastic puncture liners you can get. Then installed the inner tube. Inflated slowly. Oh I replaced the rear tire with a Kevlar reinforced tire. Got on Ebay bought 2 but decided to change just the back one. Now I have a spare tire for the front and rear. On the engine problem, yeah been there. I had a screw break off. At that moment I decided to replace every single bolt on the engine with stainless steel hex sockets. Still replacing them, not looking forward to taking one cover off I'm afraid those aluminum screws are in so tight they will strip out or break like the first one that failed. Also get some real steel and make a decent muffler strap for your engine, the stock one is a joke I wouldn't use it to hold a roll of toilet paper lolol.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Need a lil help here

My China Girl Complete, I will add a new carb and long muffler next month. I did add a Racing CDI unit from E-bay from netsharpshooter Great Quality work!!

And Ordered a Bike Berry mag, I was actually surprised by the heavier wires on it and all the connections had heat shrink tubing so no exposed wires.Almost had to shoe horn it in, there's very little gap in the magneto unlike with the stock unit.But the shipping bag was thin flimsy and not bubble insulated.I also disconnected the kill switch so I won't have to worry about the kill switch killing the nagneto I've got a couple of Black Motorcycle bicycle rear view mirrors coming, And added a cree 5000 lums double headlight for better visibility at night. It's a lot smaller then I expected but Way more Powerful then Night Rider Products.

And will post pics as I update the rest of the bike.

Last edited by Nghtrider62; 08-09-2014 at 10:45 AM.