Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default my first build

after a few months of tinkering and trying to work things out without ordering too many parts this is the results of my first build.

it started with a $25 huffy I bought at a garage saleI added fenders of an old bike I got from a scrapper so now I had a pretty solid little bike for to run to the store and back so this winter I ended up buying a kit with a 66cc 2 cycle "mega motor" from one of your sponsors the magneto came unsoldered on the maiden voyage one of the few things I did have to buy online

well anyways here's some pictures tell me what you think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (475.6 KB, 56 views)
I ride for fun. I ride for freedom
Hey Chicago riders message me let's get together

Last edited by tinnes2; 06-29-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: my first build

Looks good to me and it's a nice first build... especially if it runs and gets you where you need to go. Yeah the ignition system on these does leave a lot to be desired but once you get the magneto case cover sealed and waterproofed, the stock spark plug boot replaced, and zip tie mount the CDI unit with a piece of rubber from an old grip or a cut up innertube to help isolate the vibes and it'll be pretty reliable system.