Help - Help Me Get Motorized

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Too bad one of these sites doesn't have some kind of payment plan haha.
see if the site takes paypal and use the Bill me Later for payment... That's how I get parts and supplies if money is tight, then I just pay them back whenever I got extra cash or just make payments until I get the cash to pay them off.

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
How does Paypal's "bill me later" work, is there a set % of the total amount that you have to pay weekly, monthly or?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Basically just like any other credit card except you have a certain amount of time to pay them back quickly to avoid the interest, I think it's like 6 months interest free. To use it, just buy something and select Bill Me Later and it'll pop up an application screen, then depending on your credit and income they'll approve you for a certain amount. be sure to buy something you normally intend to buy because you're still committed to buy whatever it is in case the bill me later doesn't aprove for any reason... Saying that, my credit was pretty poor when I applied and they approved me for a little over $300, which is plenty enough credit for me, then I just pay like $20 or so monthly or just pay it off at the end of the month... I really DON"T want to pay their interest rates so I always make sure I can pay off whatever I buy within 6 months or less, Right now I'm trying to get a higher limit and using this to boost my credit score so I've been buying stuff for around $100 then paying it down so it pays down in 6 months, then I'll buy something else for about the same price and pay it down the same way. but I've also used the whole amount then paid it off on payday too when I saw something I really wanted or that was going away before I got paid.

Last edited:

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
Basically just like any other credit card except you have a certain amount of time to pay them back quickly to avoid the interest, I think it's like 6 months interest free. To use it, just buy something and select Bill Me Later and it'll pop up an application screen, then depending on your credit and income they'll approve you for a certain amount. be sure to buy something you normally intend to buy because you're still committed to buy whatever it is in case the bill me later doesn't aprove for any reason... Saying that, my credit was pretty poor when I applied and they approved me for a little over $300, which is plenty enough credit for me, then I just pay like $20 or so monthly or just pay it off at the end of the month... I really DON"T want to pay their interest rates so I always make sure I can pay off whatever I buy within 6 months or less, Right now I'm trying to get a higher limit and using this to boost my credit score so I've been buying stuff for around $100 then paying it down so it pays down in 6 months, then I'll buy something else for about the same price and pay it down the same way. but I've also used the whole amount then paid it off on payday too when I saw something I really wanted or that was going away before I got paid.

Ah, so what if you go to buy something that you don't have the total amount in your bank and they don't approve you for the bill me later?

Nearly sure they would but just in case they wouldn't for some unknown reason, what would they do?

Or if you do have the full amount in the bank and they didn't approve you, it would just take the full amount out of the bank or would they give you a chance to change your mind about buying said item?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
As Dave pointed out, you can do a test run by finding some little inexpensive item and setting up the bill me later account using it, that way if you dont get approved, it didnt cost you much to find out and the way Dave explained it is yes, if you dont get approved they will deduct the entire amount for the item from your linked account that is set up with paypal.

Asking for a refund or canceled transaction from a vendor will most likely get you negative feedback which isn't a good thing on ebay nowadays, just find a small cheap item that maybe you could use like a cheap bicycle spoke wrench or something and give it a try using that as your item to see if you get approved and for how much of a credit line.

Dave explained this very well in my opinion and I agree that this would be the best route to take.

Map

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I just bought something inexpensive that I was going to buy anyway since I knew my credit was still in bad shape when I applied, it's much better now but back then I had a run with the IRS and they seized my income for 6 months so the only people who got paid were those I had to pay like the utilities, gorceries, and not much else so my credit got pretty much distroyed, even after catching up on everything it took about 5 years to get my credit back to half way decent.
It was just about a year or so ago when I applied and got approved, but they only approved me for $300 or so and the interest rate is really high so I always pay that one down before the interest kicks in, and it's helping me get my credit back because they do report the steady payments. If I do pay it all the way down I'll buy something else for about 1/3 the limit, usually something that I'm gonna buy anyway just to keep the payments going in and it's really helped so far.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Ah, so what if you go to buy something that you don't have the total amount in your bank and they don't approve you for the bill me later?
No... It's just like applying for a credit card, they check your credit and based on your credit score, your income, and your debts, that's how they determine if you qualify and how much you qualify for... i'm sure I would have easily qualified for considerably more if my credit was better back when I got approved. I think the magic number for your credit score is above 610 to get approved with them because that's about where mine was when I got approved.

The cool part tho is that there's no interest as long as you pay it off within 6 months, but I always pay well above the minimum when the bill comes in in order to beat the interest anyway.

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
I see, wel honestly I'd like to do a electric kit, I honestly don't like the mixing fuel and having something so eye catching as a motor bolted to a bike frame but I know even less about electric kits and how the compare to gas kits, other then they cost a bit more and probably don't last as long but they seem to take less up keep, less effort to install and use much cheap fuel, aka electricity, Oh and you can keep them inside with out smelling up the place, though I'm sure they do have a smell after being used but I'm almost sure its not as bad as a gas motor, plus I live in a trailer so I wouldn't have to lock it up outside, I could bring it in.

The only thing I worry about is how long they last before something needs replaced, can they handle a larger rider such as I and can they travel about 15 miles daily,

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I really don't know a lot about the electric ones, but I've seen a few on youtube I've been really impressed with... like this one that's got dual 4000 watt motors and de tuned down to 5600 total watts but it's insane with the 2WD... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP6fAPJa7cE

I've seen a few with single motors between 8000 and 13000 watts that are really fast too... but we're talking big bucks for these or I'd have one... lol

My guess, and this is just a guess is that in order to have similar power as a stock China Girl 66cc you'd need about 1500 watts but electric motorstend to have full torque at just about any rpm so it may take off from a start a little better than a China Girl... The one in the video I posted is just awesome and I like that it can spin both wheels on take off like that... I may build one of those once I get my business going... just a little too rich for my blood right now because the money I got needs to go to shop rental right now.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
As far as whether they require a DL in your area I'm not familiar with the laws over there or if or how well they enforce them... You could always put on the motor you want but tone it down if they want to inspect it then turn it back up afterwards... pretty much like the gas engines in most states they need to be under 50cc and not capable of over 30 mph, but they'll usually take your word on the engine size since the 50 and 66cc engines look so similar to the untrained eye... then don't buzz past a cop at 40mph while he's sitting in his car eating a donut and watching the triffic in a 30 mile an hour zone and you should be ok... Really, it all depends on what the rules there are and how or if they really enforce them, combined with common sense if you got more than what's considered legal, don't speed in the wrong places.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Asking for a refund or canceled transaction from a vendor will most likely get you negative feedback which isn't a good thing on ebay nowadays,

Map
False. Every time that I have had to cancel a transaction (it happens - click on an item by mistake or realize you dont have the money in your account to cover it), I have been asked to provide feedback on the seller. Ebay would never allow one party in a transaction to leave feedback without also asking the other party to also leave feedback. So if you have to cancel a transaction, the seller knows that you'll be leaving feedback for them as well. So why would they leave negative feedback for you. You can also dispute negative feedback if you feel it is unfair. I havent had to cancel transactions that many times, in fact I can think of only one in the last year or two, but neither I nor the seller left negative feedback. While I do agree that trying to purchase a small item and seeing if you get approved is better, there is no harm in asking to cancel a transaction if need be. I am also pretty sure you can apply for bill me later on paypal's website without having to purchase anything. There is more than one way to skin a cat, all I'm saying.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
you can apply for Bill Me Later on PayPal's website, without having to purchase anything. I signed into my paypal and typed bill me later in the search box, then clicked on product overview when the search results came up. filled in a few bits of info, clicked agree and continue, yadda yadda, and about ten seconds later I was denied. Oh well, happens :D

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
False. Every time that I have had to cancel a transaction (it happens - click on an item by mistake or realize you dont have the money in your account to cover it), I have been asked to provide feedback on the seller. Ebay would never allow one party in a transaction to leave feedback without also asking the other party to also leave feedback. So if you have to cancel a transaction, the seller knows that you'll be leaving feedback for them as well. So why would they leave negative feedback for you. You can also dispute negative feedback if you feel it is unfair. I havent had to cancel transactions that many times, in fact I can think of only one in the last year or two, but neither I nor the seller left negative feedback. While I do agree that trying to purchase a small item and seeing if you get approved is better, there is no harm in asking to cancel a transaction if need be. I am also pretty sure you can apply for bill me later on paypal's website without having to purchase anything. There is more than one way to skin a cat, all I'm saying.
False...?

How many years have you been a seller on ebay?

Been doing it going on 15 years now and a good friend of mine does it full time and make a six figure income regularly as an actual secondary income, unless they have recently changed the rules it has always been a negative hit on the buyer to bid on an item or to follow through with buy it now on an item and then back out of the transaction.

I know things on ebay change regularly in the last few years but Im not aware of them making it a no problems situation for people to commit to buy something and then change their mind about it and all is just hunky doory.... that would be stupid and cause all kinds of trouble for sellers if what you say is true.

I will add though that the seller can gracefully give a refund or cancel the transaction nicely if they choose to do it that way, but they can also report you for non payment, if you will read the ebay policy it clearly states that when you commit to buy you are entering into a contract with the seller to purchase the otem and they must have advertised truthfully and fulfill the obligation by sending you what you ordered.
Map

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
eBay

** Home > Help >Bidding & buying>All about bidding>Retracting or canceling your bid
Help
Browse help
Searching & researching
Bidding & buying
Buying basics
All about bidding
Managing your buying activity
Resolving buying problems
Becoming a better buyer
Selling & seller fees
Payment & shipping
Feedback
Membership & account
eBay glossary
eBay acronyms
A-Z index

Search the help pages*
(Does not search for*items or products) *Tips

Retracting or canceling your bid
In this article

Under what conditions can I retract a bid?
How long do I have to retract a bid?
What if I can't retract a bid?
Other terms

As a general rule, you can't retract or cancel a bid. Once you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder. However, honest mistakes sometimes occur.

If you want to retract a bid:
Review the conditions and time restrictions for canceling a bid.
If you feel you have a valid reason for canceling a bid, fill out the Bid Retractions form.
If you want to cancel a Best Offer, use the Best Offer Cancellation form.
If you won an item and you no longer want to buy it, you need to contact the seller.

A bid on eBay is considered a contract, and you're obligated to purchase the item. Read about changing your mind about an item.
Under what conditions can I retract a bid?

Whether you can retract a bid depends on the circumstances and timing of the bid. You can retract a bid for the following reasons:
You accidentally entered the wrong bid amount due to a typographical error. For example, you bid $99.50 instead of $9.95. If this happens, you need to reenter the correct bid amount right away. Changing your mind does not qualify as accidentally entering a wrong bid amount.
The item's description changed significantly after you entered your last bid. For example, the seller updated details about the item's features or condition.
You can't reach the seller by telephone or email.
How long do I have to retract a bid?

If you meet any of the above conditions, consult the following table to determine if you meet the time restrictions for retracting the bid.

Time restrictions for retracting a bid
Auction ending time
Retraction allowed?
Result
Listing ends in more than 12 hours
Yes
When you retract the bid, we remove all bids you placed on the item. If you are correcting a bidding error, you must bid again.
Listing ends in less than 12 hours
Yes, but only if you retract the bid within one hour of placing it
When you retract the bid, we remove only your most recent bid. Bids you placed prior to the last 12 hours of the listing are not removed.
What if I can't retract a bid?

If you can't retract a bid, you can contact the seller to request that your bid be canceled. The decision to cancel a bid is up to the seller.

Other terms

Please remember that every bid is binding, unless the item is listed in a category covered by the non-binding bid policy or the sale is prohibited by law or by our User Agreement. Bidding on multiple identical items should be done only if you intend to buy all of the items.

Your bids affect how other users bid for an item and the item's final selling price. We carefully investigate all bid retractions to determine whether they are appropriate and conform to the rules for buyers. Abuse of bid retractions can result in the suspension of your account.

Bids retracted within the last 24 hours of a listing can be viewed as an example of shill bidding, which is a serious violation of eBay policy.

You cannot retract a purchase made through a Buy It Now listing. Once you confirm your purchase, you are obligated to pay the seller.
Was this page helpful?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Above I just listed part of the policy on ebay for retracting a bid and on a buy it now it is totally binding you can not retract it.

So grease_monkey87 read the policy and then you tell us who it is that is making a "False" statement on the subject.

Map

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Well I suppose it looks like I'm wrong, but of the very few times I have ever had to cancel a transaction, the seller willingly cancelled the transaction without any fuss or negative feedback. And the last time I did that, I was asked to provide feedback. Had the seller left me negative feedback, I'd have left him some as well. And all my feedback is exceedingly positive, because I always pay immediately upon committing to buy, other than those very few times I had to cancel....CHCKL CHCKL LOL!!!!!