Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: To Moped or Motorized Bike

I know exactly what your talking about when you say getting attention... I can take my Harley to a bike rally to put around on and get No attention, but if I put around on the motorized bike, Everyone has to come by and take a look or ask where they can get one or how easy they are to build etc etc...
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 PM

Oh yeah, people are drawn to the unique and unusual, and of course the motor heads like me enjoys most things with wheels and an engine, some arrogant types will snub their nose and just walk on by but in their heart they really want to stop and look, they're just jealous that they aren't getting the attention and that they dont have one...LOL!

I've been around people that almost act as though they are mad when they see it, sometimes thats because their wife and kids are smiling and looking my way with that wow look on their faces and the fella with the overactive ego doesn't like that...LOL!

It was funny what happened the other day when I was in town on one of the fast bikes, a fella on a 50cc Chinese scooter was trying to chase me down, he peeped his horn at me a couple times but I was on my way home and didn't feel like talking to anyone, I just hammered down and smoked him for several miles, he couldn't catch me and finally just turned off and quit trying.... I was about 9-10 miles from home... I laughed a little because I'm sure he was thinking what the heck... I just got outrun by a bicycle for about 3 miles... now that kinda thing is just pure fun to me..!
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:20 AM

When I'm building a motorized bike, I'm always on the lookout for unusual stuff to include in the build. For example, I was at one of those home decorating stores with my wife yesterday, a potentially miserable situation. While the wife was looking at knick knacks for the house, I was looking at brass items that I could use in a steam punk project. Seems like when I have a motorized bike, gas or tronic, I'm always on a quest for interesting things to use in my projects.
I have a 150cc scooter also that runs like a top, but it does not inspire my creativity and folly like the motorized bike, The scoot is just not as fun.
“You're only young once, but you can be immature as long as you like" -Unknown
Old 06-05-2014, 07:41 AM

I have a little bit of everything. Harley, Vespas, Scooters, Mopeds, and my trusty little motorized bicycle. While I will say, the Moped (when stock) is a lot more reliable then your china girl 2 stroke motorized bike), I find myself riding the Vespa a lot more. It's a lot more fun, and people love to see you on it.
However, I have a LOT of enjoyment riding my motorized bicycle that I built myself. It's a 7 speed (jackshaft) and it can handle anything. So, it's kinda what you want to do. my moped is VERY worked. It has a 70cc top end, bigger carb, expansion chamber exhaust. But, I know that it can break down at any minute due to all the work that's done to it. A motorized bike is the same way. But, if you keep a moped stock, they'll run forever...