Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Quick expansion chamber banana exhaust review

I recently got a "banana" expansion chamber from ebay for $35. It doesnt have the silencer on it. Anyways its pretty quiet in my opinion, but the sound that does come out is very rich. The second i start up my bike it now pulls like all ****. Big difference from the stock exhaust! Remember these dont improve top end (maybe 1-3mph) just acceleration. I hit 34 mph with a 44t sprocket today weighing 175 lbs 6ft tall and it now pulls up hills like nothing. Enjoy :-)
Old 05-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Quick expansion chamber banana exhaust review

Yep getting one of these little engines breathing better makes a nice difference in torque on the hills, a stock pipe that is gutted and has had the little stinger pipe removed and the hole drilled larger helps a lot but the little banana pipe does a good job in my opinion also, I have one bike with one of those banana pipes, I cut the end off so it has a larger opening on it also, that made it run even better on the old bike, it is a lot louder now though.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!